• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NRL Thread

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
definately a queenslander....
Yeah just read that his from the Gold Coast not the Central Coast. Oh crap that doesn't look good for NSW with QLD being able to pick from Smith, Witt, Seymour, Thurston and Prince. And we get to pick from Finch, Anasta and well.................
im still thinking.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
Witt hahaha, we'll let u have him...
Well Witt been brilliant for Manly this season and he was very good for Parra last couple season. He very young and only going to improve, add his goal kicking, i would be surprised if he doesn't play for QLD. Micheal Hagan has already been ear marked him as a future Maroon.

howardj

International Coach
Here's what I think half-way through the comp:

Brisbane: clear favourites

Nth Qld: contenders, but must win more away from home

St George: definite chance, must retain hunger though - Head's injury isn't fatal as Ennis and Hornby should be able to cover

Parramatta - doubts about their halves, but i like their attitude - always show up ready to play. certainties to finish in the top four, doubtful they will be serious contenders

Manly - bit like Parra - good top four prospects, but not premiership material

Canterbury - my dark horse, but geez they've gotta start winning

Cronulla - actually think they are a premiership chance. this is obscured by the big hole that they've fallen into during the last three weeks

Roosters - always seem to be in a position to win games, but nobody really takes the bull by the horns, and asserts themselves. preliminary final, at best

Melbourne - they either win by a million, or fold like a cheap tent. dont have ticker when teams stand up to them.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
howardj said:
Here's what I think half-way through the comp:

Brisbane: clear favourites

Nth Qld: contenders, but must win more away from home

St George: definite chance, must retain hunger though - Head's injury isn't fatal as Ennis and Hornby should be able to cover

Parramatta - doubts about their halves, but i like their attitude - always show up ready to play. certainties to finish in the top four, doubtful they will be serious contenders

Manly - bit like Parra - good top four prospects, but not premiership material

Canterbury - my dark horse, but geez they've gotta start winning

Cronulla - actually think they are a premiership chance. this is obscured by the big hole that they've fallen into during the last three weeks

Roosters - always seem to be in a position to win games, but nobody really takes the bull by the horns, and asserts themselves. preliminary final, at best

Melbourne - they either win by a million, or fold like a cheap tent. dont have ticker when teams stand up to them.

Haha! That's a big fall for you. You were talking them up like they were the Dragon's side of the 70s at the start of the season. You said there was no way they wouldn't win the title.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Warriors have a better chance than the Bulldogs do at the moment.
But the Warriors are missing the X-Factor..I just can't see them making the 8, and if they do it'll be #7 or #8.

They seem to be in a holding pattern with Jones leaving. Im not sure if they're going to spring a surprise and sign a major half-back next season or what.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
except for orford there r no major halfbacks on the market and hes hundreds to go across the tasman.
fien will probably be half and Hohaia given yet another chance in 6.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Tim said:
They seem to be in a holding pattern with Jones leaving. Im not sure if they're going to spring a surprise and sign a major half-back next season or what.
The biggest problem for Warriors in getting a big half back signing is encouraging the likes of Orford or Preston Campbell to come over to NZ and play. Best bet would be someone like Luke Dorn back from England or guys like Chris Sheppard or Barnes who can't get a game for their current sides. I guess there is always that young half back you guys had last year Thomas something (im so bad with last names). Mundine also said he is still interested in coming over to NZ. Also if Anasta signs for Souths then you would think a guy like Sutton would fit perfecty into the Warriors side.

Blaze

Banned
Yeah the Warriors have said they aren't signing anyone and they are happy with who they have got.

They said they have 5 youngsters that have come through the system who will be ready for first grade next year

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blaze said:
Yeah the Warriors have said they aren't signing anyone and they are happy with who they have got.

They said they have 5 youngsters that have come through the system who will be ready for first grade next year
Hmmm...5 is a bit risky, 1 or 2 maybe, but 5 is just under a third of the first grade side. Will be interesting to see what they are like.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think its a more a case of the Warriors not being able to afford to sign another big player at the moment.
The Warriors do have John Ackland at the club, and he's a proven talent scout but im not convinced they've located the best talent in NZ.

They missed out on John Te Reo to the Broncos and Manly & The Bulldogs in particular have been looking very closely around Auckland.

Craig

World Traveller
chaminda_00 said:
Queensland product, isn't he from the Central Coast, NSW, just down the road from Newcastle.
Considering I actually went to school with him, he is definatly a Gold Coaster, who came through the ranks at, my local rugby league club.

Why else the new Gold Coast team are keen on him and other local boys (includes Benji Marshall).

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
Considering I actually went to school with him, he is definatly a Gold Coaster, who came through the ranks at, my local rugby league club.

Why else the new Gold Coast team are keen on him and other local boys (includes Benji Marshall).

Marshall has made it clear he will NOT be going to the GC and that he will remain loyal to the Tigers....