• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official NRL Tips Discussion Thread**

username1234

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
we won our trial games because we played team's who were about 10 players understrengh and we only just won those games. plus i dont really fancy our backline. This year is st george's year to shine.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
4/4 for me this weekend, even my score predictions were pretty close, sharks were impressive as where parra in the 2nd half, tigers will be lucky to win 5 gams this season...

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:
4/4 for me this weekend, even my score predictions were pretty close, sharks were impressive as where parra in the 2nd half, tigers will be lucky to win 5 gams this season...

I havent had a good look at their team and missed their match last night, why do you predict the tigers will be so bad this year? They have decent halves in Prince and Marshall. Will they struggle in the forwards and out wide?

Blaze

Banned
username1234 said:
we won our trial games because we played team's who were about 10 players understrengh and we only just won those games. plus i dont really fancy our backline. This year is st george's year to shine.

St George will be lucky to make the top four. They always have a horrific injury run and choke in the finals anyway. Although playing the reigning premiers they looked less than convincing on Friday

Blaze

Banned
username1234 said:
Webb, Meli, Martin, Toopu, Byrne, Hohaia and Jones

It looks pretty decent to me although from what I saw last year I don't really rate Martin that highly.

I am being optomistic with my high hopes for the warriors, I admit but thats what being a supporter is about, backing your team.

I wait with interest to see how they go today, both on attack and defensively

Simon

Blaze said:
I havent had a good look at their team and missed their match last night, why do you predict the tigers will be so bad this year? They have decent halves in Prince and Marshall. Will they struggle in the forwards and out wide?
because they just have no structure, their fowards are slow and lack ball skills, they do have some good up and coming players but also lack experience. They had absolutely no direction last night. It really seemed Scott Prince was trying to run a one man show, ill be interested to see how parra go next week when they play a better side...

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
I think the Tigers should be ok this season, BUT they need to get another playmaker in there alongside Prince. Every last tackle option involved Prince getting the ball, so Parra started cutting down his time with the ball as the game went on and the Tiges feild position got worse and worse.

Parra vs Souths should be an interesting game on a number of counts next week, mainly to see if their is any improvement in the teams structure from this week.

nibbs

International Captain
I've been waiting for today for a long time. Only 40 minutes to go. I sure hope the Warriors go well today. In my opinion they will

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Warriors by about 16 imo.....this season should see alot more go forward rather then last seasons go sidewards. Wiki to be MoM :).

Blaze

Banned
thewizard1o1 said:
Warriors by about 16 imo.....this season should see alot more go forward rather then last seasons go sidewards. Wiki to be MoM :).

Down 12-2 at half time

They have looked dreadfull.

Blaze

Banned
Blaze said:
Down 12-2 at half time

They have looked dreadfull.

Terrible result for the warriors. They looked awful. Pretty similar to last year actually.

Manly slowed play down very effectively by not allowing the Warriors quick play the balls.

Different ref then maybe we might have seen a different kind of game

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like it is the same old for the Warriors. The first six or so matches will prove whether Tony Kemp is up to it.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Jones really has alot to answer for, many times the Warriors had a roll on and at the 4th or 5th tackle no one took control, they need better structure badly. On the bright side, I don't think there defence was all that bad today.

Simon

price was the only one who aimed up for the warriors, look like another season of much of the same for them...

good win for the broncos, also melbourne take the award of the most impressive performance of the weekend, closely followed by the sharks...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
yer i agree si, the sharks where very impressive right across the park, nigel is the key for them out wide this year. i think he will have a big season, as will adam dykes, he was woeful at parra but that happens to most players, he played well last night.

Simon

yeh im tipping big things from the sharks this year, they look the goods, the halves are classy, but they for them imo is peachey, wen he was at his best they were a premiership threat, when he runs the ball with meaning u can tell hes on top of his game and he really inspires the sharks, they are a major top 4 threat imo...

Simon

may as well give u all my final table prediction while im here

1 Bulldogs
2 Broncos
3 Storm
4 Sharks
5 Roosters
6 Eels
7 Panthers
8 Raiders
9 Manly