• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A-League Favourites

Who will win the inaugral A-League ?

• Total voters

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
The 5th strongest is invariably not actually that good.
Uruguay did manage to make the 2nd round in 02 didnt they?
thats pretty solid imo...

Cloete

International Captain
Dwight Yorke signs for Sydney FC!

http://www2.sbs.com.au/a-league/index.php3?id=56834

Sydney FC signs Yorke
SBS

Sydney FC chairman Walter Bugno has revealed his club has secured the most significant signing of the A-League by completing the capture of Birmingham striker Dwight Yorke.

Bugno told tribalfootball.com from the team's tour base in Dubai that their marquee target had signed a two-year-deal.

"We're very happy to confirm that Dwight Yorke has signed a two-year contract with Sydney FC, beginning from the 1st of July," he said, delighted at the signing of the Trinidad & Tobago international.

"We're delighted to sign Dwight after several months of negotiations."

"His trip to Sydney last week was very telling."

"The Sydney FC fans played a massive part in convincing Dwight to join us. The response he received from the Sydney public over the two days he was there made a big, big difference."

"We were competing with a rival club from the UAE for Dwight - and a late offer also came in from Qatar."

"But the thought of playing for Sydney FC after the reception he received really swung it for us - and we're delighted."

Yorke is 33-years-old and has played Premiership football for Aston Villa, Blackburn, Birmingham and Manchester United, where he won the treble of the Premiership, FA Cup and Champions League in 1999.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
I'm happy about the AFC switch. Is there much point in the Oceania division now, though? New Zealand will be miles ahead of everyone else, and a long way from World Cup standard. Perhaps the whole conference should be merged into Asia, rather than having Africa, Asia, Europe, South America and North America... plus a practically useless bunch of islands and New Zealand all on their own.
TBH, I was disappointed that New Zealand has been abandonned by Australia in the Oceania group, although I can't blame the Australians with the current depth in this part of the world. The experience we are likely to gain playing against the island nations again and again is unlikely to improve the standard of our football so I just hope we'll follow the Australians are eventually be part of the Asian group.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Cloete said:
Dwight Yorke signs for Sydney FC!

http://www2.sbs.com.au/a-league/index.php3?id=56834

Sydney FC signs Yorke
SBS

Sydney FC chairman Walter Bugno has revealed his club has secured the most significant signing of the A-League by completing the capture of Birmingham striker Dwight Yorke.

Bugno told tribalfootball.com from the team's tour base in Dubai that their marquee target had signed a two-year-deal.

"We're very happy to confirm that Dwight Yorke has signed a two-year contract with Sydney FC, beginning from the 1st of July," he said, delighted at the signing of the Trinidad & Tobago international.

"We're delighted to sign Dwight after several months of negotiations."

"His trip to Sydney last week was very telling."

"The Sydney FC fans played a massive part in convincing Dwight to join us. The response he received from the Sydney public over the two days he was there made a big, big difference."

"We were competing with a rival club from the UAE for Dwight - and a late offer also came in from Qatar."

"But the thought of playing for Sydney FC after the reception he received really swung it for us - and we're delighted."

Yorke is 33-years-old and has played Premiership football for Aston Villa, Blackburn, Birmingham and Manchester United, where he won the treble of the Premiership, FA Cup and Champions League in 1999.
Good signing for Sydney, he's not half the player he used to be but he'll still be valuable for the Australian club with his experience of performing with a great club in a much higher league before. I'll be watching his impact with interest, should be a good contest between the Australian and New Zealand players and Yorke.

Cloete

International Captain
Yeah he should go alright.

I should also have said Adelaide have signed Qu Shengqing the Chinese international striker. He's had 30 caps for China and represented China at all age group levels. He's their marquee player.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:
I'm happy about the AFC switch. Is there much point in the Oceania division now, though? New Zealand will be miles ahead of everyone else, and a long way from World Cup standard. Perhaps the whole conference should be merged into Asia, rather than having Africa, Asia, Europe, South America and North America... plus a practically useless bunch of islands and New Zealand all on their own.
A practically useless bunch of islands and New Zealand?

Oh, who's Devine playing for? I'll support them.

And abolish the OFC.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
A practically useless bunch of islands and New Zealand?

Oh, who's Devine playing for? I'll support them.

And abolish the OFC.
hes playing for the NZ Knights