• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Alternate Football discussion

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Larsson's injured.A few others too like Deco I think.That's why they brought in Maxi Lopez.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Craig said:
Do they still have as many injury problems as they did a few months ago? Guily and Larsson haven't featured much in Europe for them.
Barca team in the last game :-

Starting XI
1. Víctor Valdés
2. Belletti, Juliano
4. Marquez, Rafael
5. Puyol, Carles
12. van Bronckhorst, Giovanni
23. Oleguer
6. Xavi
10. Ronaldinho
20. Deco, Anderson
8. Giuly, Ludovic
9. Eto`o, Samuel
Substitutes
28. Jorquera, Albert
16. Silvinho
19. Navarro, Fernando
14. Gerard
22. Albertini, Demetrio
24. Iniesta, Andres
11. Maxi Lopez, Gaston

Larsson being out for the moment isnt a huge worry considering he doesnt always make the starting XI.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
Owens had a very good game, though
But in the Superbowl it's about winning and getting that ring, not having a good game. You can have 3 great seasons and 3 crap Superbowls but win it 3 times or 3 great seasons 3 great superbowls and no Superbowl's. Your choice.

Craig

World Traveller
Jamee999 said:
Actually, Craig It's Graham Souness :happy:
I may not be a brilliant guy in most people's eyes, but don't you think I already knew that? Maybe you should read my post properly and not snipping out bits that have made you look like a golden fool.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
I may not be a brilliant guy in most people's eyes, but don't you think I already knew that? Maybe you should read my post properly and not snipping out bits that have made you look like a golden fool.
It was a joke hence the " :happy: " smile.

I knew you were talking about the Aussie team :wacko:

twctopcat

International Regular
Does anyone know if the charity tsunami match is being televised in England??? Sure hope it is!!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tsunami Ronaldinho vs Sehvchenko XI

Excellent match for a worthy cause.

When you combine the best of Brazil, Barca and Milan in one team you end up with 3-1 in the first half. Yeah Shevchenko was in the other team but it was beautiful football played by Ronaldinho, Kaka, Eto (novice compared to the first two though).

Zidane played excellent as well to lob the ball for Piero to make a perfect finish.

In the second half with many players substituted the thing to note were the two keepers, Toldy(?) and Kemona who were both brilliant. Kamara was determined and got two goals but the best part was when Zola got a goal.

Wonderful football match and Arsene describes it as cold weather but 'nice and light atmosphere'. I suppose he can never really cheer up!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
5 mins to go and Madrid losing 2-0 to Bilbao. Excellent football by Bilbao in this one.

And it further cements Barca at the top. More sweetness :D

Craig

World Traveller
twctopcat said:
ITV2 at 7.30 if anyone cares.
Saw the highlights of the match, but how good is Samuel Eto'o? Brilliant stuff once again Real Madrid - players they don't seem to rate always come back to haunt them. Surely he and Robben, and Cech could tie for buy of the season (would Robben count though since Ranieri brought him)?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
Saw the highlights of the match, but how good is Samuel Eto'o? Brilliant stuff once again Real Madrid - players they don't seem to rate always come back to haunt them. Surely he and Robben, and Cech could tie for buy of the season (would Robben count though since Ranieri brought him)?
ranieri bought cech too!

Craig

World Traveller
Pratyush said:
5 mins to go and Madrid losing 2-0 to Bilbao. Excellent football by Bilbao in this one.

And it further cements Barca at the top. More sweetness :D
For a club as good and as Barcelona Iare, 'm shocked they have only won the European Cup/Champions League only once. Which is the same amount of times Aston Villa have won it, and one less then Nottingham Forest.

Inter have won it twice, as have Manchester United, Porto, and I think Juventus has won it twice, but but I know they won it about 9 years ago.

Real Madrid have won it 9 times, and including winning 5 times in a row in the competitions first five years, before Benfica won. Celtic beat Inter in Lisbon in 1967 to become the first British club (ie from Scotland and England) to win the European Cup, while remarkably every member in Celtic's starting XI was born in the local area (Glasglow), not surprisngly this had never happened before nor will we see a side in a league match play an local area XI (would be nice though).

AC Milan have won it 6 times ( :@ ), while Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Ajax have won it 4 times each. Chelsea have not ventured into the Champions League not a lot, and really until Abramovich brought them, they were up to their necks in debt and not looking like challenaging for the title.

Despite all the money they have thrown around in recent years Lazio were not able to win the competition. In fact IIRC they are $300m AUD in DEBT! They are lucky they have not gone bust and are not running around in Serie C2. Andd they had the players, like Veron, Crespo, Neved, Nesta etc.

Craig

World Traveller
broncoman said:
ranieri bought cech too!
Now surely Mourinho in all of his slagging off Ranieri could at least credit him for that.

Speaking about Lazio's level of debt, I should add Boriusa Dortmund who have won the Champions League, one of the highest average attandence records in Germany (but don't own their own stadium) for this season and are now going down the drain...

Cloete

International Captain
Gravesen proved to be a top signing for Real. Can't say I thought he had the class to match it with the big guns, but he definitely proved his worth.

He gies Zidane and Figo more confidence to go forward and experiment. Because anything loose at the back he cleaned up with efficiency. But the backline itself held up really well. Definitely a sign of good things to com under Luxemburgo one would think.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
Now surely Mourinho in all of his slagging off Ranieri could at least credit him for that.

Speaking about Lazio's level of debt, I should add Boriusa Dortmund who have won the Champions League, one of the highest average attandence records in Germany (but don't own their own stadium) for this season and are now going down the drain...
yeh Dortmund are in all sorts, they look as if they will have to fight their way up from the amatuer leagues, and thats a long way back in germany...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Craig said:
For a club as good and as Barcelona Iare, 'm shocked they have only won the European Cup/Champions League only once. Which is the same amount of times Aston Villa have won it, and one less then Nottingham Forest.
Historically yes its a bad record. But in the recent 5-7 years its justified. Barca was a mediocre team for a period before Rijkaard came in as manager. Even under Rijkaard Barca took some time to get their act together.

I will be surprised if Barcelona does not win the champions league this year even though its very unpredictable. They have been playing that high a class of football.