• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

chalky

International Debutant
I think ABs by about 15 points actually. I think our forwards will be too good and starve Aussie of possession
Hopefully the Aussies can put up a decent fight however you feel it will have to be through the backs as I expect Haymen & Woodcock may just destroy the Aussie front row.

chalky

International Debutant
I just fell asleep before the game started do we really need both national anthems the Haka & Waltzing ****ing matilda before the before the match.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Scrums have been a bit of a mess so far. Ref's let the front rows know what he wants & they keep trying to jump the engage command.

& when did booing the kicker become acceptable? Poor show all round for mine.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Scrums have been a bit of a mess so far. Ref's let the front rows know what he wants & they keep trying to jump the engage command.

Generally don't like booing unless it's at a bad decision/foul. Am all for applauding good play and booing bad play, regardless of who's playing. But booing the opposing team at everything from running onto the ground to scoring pisses me off. Lack of respect and sportsmanship all round.

luffy

International Captain
Generally don't like booing unless it's at a bad decision/foul. Am all for applauding good play and booing bad play, regardless of who's playing. But booing the opposing team at everything from running onto the ground to scoring pisses me off. Lack of respect and sportsmanship all round.
Meh, NZ fans will do it when we play there, and any other sports.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah booing pretty common these days, basically the home fans do it all the time when the away kicker is going for goal.

chalky

International Debutant

Been a pretty scrappy game all round really Carter looks a bit off colour again and the New Zealand defence managing slow down the Aussie although by giving penalties which Mortlock hasn't been able to take advantage of.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah booing pretty common these days, basically the home fans do it all the time when the away kicker is going for goal.
It's a relatively recent phenomenon actually. Before there was always a respectful quiet when a kicker lined up a shot at goal. Except for the French, but they're French anyway. I just thought the hush showed a bit of mutual respect. Seems that's gone now.

Anyway, Oz have held their own on the possession front but the ABs have made better use of it. The free-kick they gave at the scrum that lead to Gear's try was just daft; if you're on your own 22 make sure you get the basics right.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
:huh: Indeed. Not making excuses for any one nation. NZ is probably worse than Australia though I haven't seen anyone quite as bad as South Korea at home in football. The crowds behaviour at the World Cup is what got them to the semi's really.

luffy

International Captain
:huh: Indeed. Not making excuses for any one nation. NZ is probably worse than Australia though I haven't seen anyone quite as bad as South Korea at home in football. The crowds behaviour at the World Cup is what got them to the semi's really.
And then you see there '06 results :wacko:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Good on the Wallabies, but the All Blacks mistakes proved so costly, and it seems yet again they can't handle two big Tests in two weeks, and that's exactly why yet again we won't win the World Cup.

Dan Carter nearly cost us the game last week and he cost us the game this week. He's a liability this year it seems. Especially with his kicking.