Page 13 of 249 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Official Rugby Thread

dont think the decsion on brock james was anything to do with abilty. was the fact that he wuold take the spot from a kiwi
    My 2008/09 stats
    Games: 10 Innings: 10 Nout Outs: 3 Runs: 489 Average: 69.86 Highest: 154 Fifties: 0 Hundreds: 3
    Catches: 7

Quote Originally Posted by cbuts
    dont think the decsion on brock james was anything to do with abilty. was the fact that he wuold take the spot from a kiwi
    Probably a blessing in disguise with the emergence of Jimmy Gopperth.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen

Jason Robinson quits international Rugby

From the beeb's website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...sh/4279628.stm

Despite Jase's insisting that he still hs a lot to offer, anyone who saw his form in The 6 Nations & the Lions tour can see he's clearly not the player he was. He'd be 33 come France 2007, which is pensioner age for wings, so I really think he's made the right call. I also suspect Andy Robinson would've lacked the stones to make it, so it's good news for us IMO.

Opens up the full back slot nicely for Van Gisbergen too. Kinda depressing that the great white hope of English Rugby is a Kiwi with a Dutch passport tho. Ah, well...

Thanks for the memories tho Jason.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

International Vice-Captain KennyD's Avatar
    Good times Jason, good times.

Was a pleasure to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaFreak2005
    Well Simon and Xavier hit on all the females but the ladies all want Kenny :naughty:
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    all 3 of them?

Just watching The Taffs v The ABs. Very scrappy game so far. Taffs holding their own despite being several key players down (think the ABs are testing a few fringe players too). Maybe conceeding too much turn-over ball tho.

Kelleher shanked a dead-set try tho, the selfish little sod. Only had to pass to Umaga & the big fella was over. & as I type Gear goes over for the first try. 11-3 kick to come.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    Just watching The Taffs v The ABs. Very scrappy game so far. Taffs holding their own despite being several key players down (think the ABs are testing a few fringe players too). Maybe conceeding too much turn-over ball tho.

Kelleher shanked a dead-set try tho, the selfish little sod. Only had to pass to Umaga & the big fella was over. & as I type Gear goes over for the first try. 11-3 kick to come.

Too comfortable for ABs. Wales didn't fire a shot. Ref wanted to be the star.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Too comfortable for ABs. Wales didn't fire a shot. Ref wanted to be the star.
    Second half was pretty embarrassing for Wales. Great game from Carter, seems to get better & better. Only scrap of consolation for an English fan (aside from Wales losing, obv! ) is that it's still 2 years to the WC. NZ have a bad habit of peaking too early.

Looking like a Slam tour tho.

Breakout Champion!
    Opens up the full back slot nicely for Van Gisbergen too. Kinda depressing that the great white hope of English Rugby is a Kiwi with a Dutch passport tho.
    Yeah. Whatever happened to plain old straight forward Saffies carrying our proud nations sporting teams?

Second half was pretty embarrassing for Wales. Great game from Carter, seems to get better & better. Only scrap of consolation for an English fan (aside from Wales losing, obv! ) is that it's still 2 years to the WC. NZ have a bad habit of peaking too early.

Looking like a Slam tour tho.

I hate it how we are percieved as peaking in between world cups. Are we supposed to not play our best and lose heaps of games like England in between world cups? Will that give us more of a chance in France in 07. The introduction of the World Cup has devalued the meaning of internationals IMO. It seems that all any one gives a toss about is the world cup.

Perhaps there should be a world championship knockout comp between each world cup so that we can gauge who are actually the world champions and so that the world cup doesn't become the be all and end all.

Maybe I would feel diferently if we could win the stupid thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    I hate it how we are percieved as peaking in between world cups. Are we supposed to not play our best and lose heaps of games like England in between world cups? Will that give us more of a chance in France in 07. The introduction of the World Cup has devalued the meaning of internationals IMO. It seems that all any one gives a toss about is the world cup.

Perhaps there should be a world championship knockout comp between each world cup so that we can gauge who are actually the world champions and so that the world cup doesn't become the be all and end all.

Maybe I would feel diferently if we could win the stupid thing.
    I would like to see an official play-off between the 6 Nations & Tri-Nations champions. I agree with the perception of the WC as the be-all & end-all tho. It's certainly a straw we're clinging to up here! We're not just poo, we're building for the World Cup!

I didn't see the game, but I see that yer Frogs have done The Crims 26-16. Looks like the score flatters Oz a bit as they scored a last min converted try. I know they've got loadsa injuries, but they aren't looking too flash just lately. Eddie may be about to be shown the door.

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    what teams do people support?

i'm a leicester tigers fan,best team in europe.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by open365
    what teams do people support?

i'm a leicester tigers fan,best team in europe.
    Glory hunter. Why not LSH?

I had to take life back a few years and listen to the match on the radio. Ugggh. Once again, we seem to be our own worst enemies - particularly with finishing moves off. If Kelleher had passed to Umaga (or even So'oialo on the inside) in the 16th minute, I think we would have passed 50 comfortably. Plenty of handling errors, but that's to be expected. It sounded like Masoe had a solid debut, as did Tialata. Umaga a bit inconsistent early on, but improved as the game went on.

Bring on Ireland - the Slam is looking good.

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    Glory hunter. Why not LSH?
    LSH????

explain.

Breakout Champion!
    LSH

Thread Information