• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super Series

James

Cricket Web Owner
James said:
In the event of a tie a random choice will be made on who the top three managers are.
Slow Love's suggestion was a good one so it will now be determined on who got their team in first.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
James said:
Good suggestion Slow-Love - we'll run with that :)

Regarding the opener positions, Katich and Gilchrist will be the openers right? Well, Gilchrist is the wicket-keeper so shows in the wicket-keeper drop down menu while Simon Katich wasn't talked about opening until just a few days ago while this competition was created a couple of weeks ago so its proved difficult.

You'll still pick up points for Katich whether he plays as an opener or a middle order batsman in the game today however.
yeah but perhaps in hindsight it would have been better had we to choose 5 batsmen rather than 2 openers and 3 middle order players as the positions can be quite fluent in ODI cricket these days, of course in hindsight you might have gone with just one opener slot and a keeper slot :p

James

Cricket Web Owner
superkingdave said:
yeah but perhaps in hindsight it would have been better had we to choose 5 batsmen rather than 2 openers and 3 middle order players as the positions can be quite fluent in ODI cricket these days, of course in hindsight you might have gone with just one opener slot and a keeper slot :p
Valid point, it comes down to whether its worth re-working the whole FC system for one competition which it obviously isn't.

For future changes to FC perhaps it should be 5 batsman, 1 all rounder, 1 wicketkeeper, 4 bowlers rather than 2 openers, 3 batsmen, etc.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
James said:
Valid point, it comes down to whether its worth re-working the whole FC system for one competition which it obviously isn't.

For future changes to FC perhaps it should be 5 batsman, 1 all rounder, 1 wicketkeeper, 4 bowlers rather than 2 openers, 3 batsmen, etc.
cool, i don't think we'll have such a big problem again, hopefully team will take us into account when picking openers in future :p

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
James said:

I think that would be a great idea, James.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for your thoughts guys.

I've just updated FC for the first innings of the first ODI so have a look :)

Slow Love™

International Captain
Bloody hell, I'm in 101st spot - I genuinely thought I'd have done better than that. But I didn't have Watson or Sangakkara.

Still, there's a lot of guys on equal scores though, and this was always going to be tight. Only 35 points between where I'm at and top spot. I'm hoping to see Cameron White get to play a part next game. :)

Slow Love™

International Captain
I advanced about 25 places to equal 76th - which surprised me 'cause I felt I did a fair bit better in the first match. There's obviously a lot of people bunched up on similar scores. The gap between where I am and first place has increased from around 35 to 50-odd though.