• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T&N VI

brad cooper

Cricket Spectator
Has anyone else found that several players in their team have been dropped? eg Sibanda, Ebrahim and Lehman. I have to wait a few more days before I can adress this.

P.S. I started T&N V a month late and picked a team using only players involved in the VB series and managed to make my into the top 50. Quite surprising really...

Rich2001

International Captain
brad cooper said:
Has anyone else found that several players in their team have been dropped? eg Sibanda, Ebrahim and Lehman. I have to wait a few more days before I can adress this.

P.S. I started T&N V a month late and picked a team using only players involved in the VB series and managed to make my into the top 50. Quite surprising really...
Congrats on the top 50 placing, that's a great effort from a big disadvantage... Just think what your going to do starting at the begining this time :cool:

As for the players, always annoying when that happens!

brad cooper

Cricket Spectator
Weird...

I just modified my team, but it appears that the appropriate budget has not been updated. eg It has Ricky Ponting (an A class batsman) appearing with the budget of a C class batsmen. Is this a mistake and is this happening to anyone else?

James

Cricket Web Owner
brad cooper said:
I just modified my team, but it appears that the appropriate budget has not been updated. eg It has Ricky Ponting (an A class batsman) appearing with the budget of a C class batsmen. Is this a mistake and is this happening to anyone else?
I've just tested this and it's working how it's supposed to.

Have a look at the two attached images. Before & After shots of me modifying my test team to include Ricky Ponting.

Does that help or are you referring to something else?

Attachments

brad cooper

Cricket Spectator
Yes, thats what I was talking about. On mine the budget column did not change as it did in yours. It appears that it must be isolated to my team/login. Since I modified my team, I cant access it again. Do you have access to it or do you need my login details?

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
When selecting my team i had unlimited points to spend
each time i chose a player no points were taken of my total of 110 to spend

James

Cricket Web Owner
cric_manic said:
When selecting my team i had unlimited points to spend
each time i chose a player no points were taken of my total of 110 to spend
I tested it again and it worked fine so I'm thinking it could be a browser issue.

What browser are you using? Did you get any errors javascript errors when you went into Add Team?

James

Cricket Web Owner
As a temporary fix I'd done a change so teams can't be added if the total points remain the same.

I'll be deleting the teams and emailing the people who have entered teams within the past 24 hours (since the new-design launch).

James

Cricket Web Owner
Ok - I've found the problem and fixed it. All users affected have been notified via email.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
110 points isnt enough,its way to hard to pick a good team,i have lots of crappy zimbabawe and south african players rather than New zealanders and aussies in my team

James

Cricket Web Owner
That's the whole point cric_manic - forces you into picking a few Zimbabwe players which in turn evens up the whole competition and makes your job as an FC Manager a little bit harder ;)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
cric_manic said:
110 points isnt enough,its way to hard to pick a good team,i have lots of crappy zimbabawe and south african players rather than New zealanders and aussies in my team
no real crappy players for me, or an zimbabwaeans for that matter (which could, arguably, go hand in hand). think my worst players are at level D, and theyre not bad anyway.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
James said:
How about 100 points for the next competition then Andy ;)
:scared: i mean... man that was hard to get even a half decent team. how bout some more points next time, james?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cric_manic said:
It's all about thinking to get the best value players - not that hard if you're prepared to think about it!