Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Which teams will qualify from this pool?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • England

6 60.00%
  • Russia

5 50.00%
  • Wales

9 90.00%
  • Slovakia

5 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Group B - England, Russia, Wales, Slovakia

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    What's Brian Laudrup got to do with anything?
    Nothing. We're not talking about anagrams of "god".

So apparently we're making six changes tonight from the side that started against Wales.

Interesting approach when we haven't even qualified for the last 16 yet.

School Boy/Girl Captain auditor's Avatar
    The commentator on Russian TV says 2 nd or 3 rd place will be Russia. On the loser Russia says nothing

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    So apparently we're making six changes tonight from the side that started against Wales.

Sounds foolish if true. Absolute max I would go with would be 3, those being the 3 subs made during the other match.

If Roy genuinely believes that changing 6 players is the best thing to do for the overall quality of the team put out then fair enough I guess, a bit risky. But if it's to rest players then I'd say it's pretty foolish. Lot's of talk about Hart being dropped, not sure I'm in favour of that.

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!

Well the sequence of results in order to knock England out is about as likely as Donald Trump launching nukes at Hillary Clinton's campaign base tomorrow.
    vogue likes this.
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Benaud and Thunberg

I had a glimpse of Eureka
    Chewing me up, chewing me up and spitting me out

-jected, I was rejected
    I wasn't good enough to be elected
    Lava, it was like lava
    Moving through my body like fire

Evil Scotsman

I'll be amazed if 4 points doesn't get you into the last 16.

Not actually worked out all the possible permutations, but finishing top of the group will likely result in an "easier" tie in the next round, no?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Not actually worked out all the possible permutations, but finishing top of the group will likely result in an "easier" tie in the next round, no?
    Yup. Four of the group winners will play 3rd place teams and the other two will play second place teams.

I suppose it doesn't really matter in the long term, as we'll have to play one of the favourites eventually, but it just strikes me as an odd approach at this stage. I think their next game if they win the group isn't until Saturday, so it's not as if they won't be rested anyway.

Hexxagon Champion!
    This doesn't make any sense to me. We're still trying to work out our best XI and how to utilise them, not to mention the fact the we haven't automatically qualified yet. A third place finish would likely give us a terrible draw. Unless they seem tired in training, I mean we've looked laboured enough on the pitch.

Nah, the rumoured side should be strong enough to win, and it's good for these players to have had a go in case they are needed in the later stages. Two of the changes are what most people would want anyway, I would suggest.

Plus by the time Hodgson has to name his side, we will probably already be through mathematically. In which case adding some 'hungrier' players to the mix is no bad thing.
    vogue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Nah, the rumoured side should be strong enough to win, and it's good for these players to have had a go in case they are needed in the later stages. Two of the changes are what most people would want anyway, I would suggest.

Plus by the time Hodgson has to name his side, we will probably already be through mathematically. In which case adding some 'hungrier' players to the mix is no bad thing.
    There aren't any games between now and 8pm. So mathematically nothing will change. Wales v Russia is played simultaneously.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 2015.
    Author of Word Addict
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    ECB - you are a complete ****ing disgrace, #FTECB

I'm quite happy to have the front three that ended against Wales starting later today. Having 3 changes in addition to that isn't a big problem, particularly if one of them is the goalkeeper.

Happy days if Rooney's on the bench.

Hexxagon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post

I'd be happy with two or three but six is excessive. We should be trying to fine tune our best combination, I don't see how Wilshere and Henderson come into that. Though I suppose it will be nice to see how we look without Rooney, decent as he's been.

Why will we probably be through mathematically?

We already have 4 points. Any permutation of results leaves us third at worst and in the three world cups with this format 4points has always been enough to go through for any team in third.

Norway got 4 in 94, but somehow managed to come fourth as Italy, Ireland and Mexico all got 4 points too.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

International Vice-Captain Tangles's Avatar
    If he changes 6 and the team plays better he has given himself a problem. First 45 against Russia was good but they have been poor since then despite some late goals. I find the reports of Rooneys play amusing. People use a pretty low expectation bar when it comes to him.

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread Information