Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: PA`s Office (Danger - Do Not Enter)

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I'd think that the PA rep was consulted extensively before the bannings were made.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    i wonder who that would have been?
    CW Black - The best team in the ComP

Proudly supporting:
    • Wasim Ranamadruta
      Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed
      Ramatunga Downathroata

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    So ash chaulk is the first ever AFL Last Man Standing.

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar
    I was indeed consulted at length and presented the thoughts of those players which had raised concerns about the way players were behaving throughout the last season and also the way respect for each other was being lost amongst players.

Having said that, if people are to email me with their thoughts I will be sure to bring it up for discussion with the entirity of the players to come to a conclusion on the PA's view.

Please note, however, that I am the PA Rep, not the rep for individual players, so I need to support the views of the majority or come to compromises which suit both parties should there be a distinct split.
    REMEMBER: A couple of years in therapy, you'll get over it.

Proud to have been a member of the CW Colts

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Please note, however, that I am the PA Rep, not the rep for individual players, so I need to support the views of the majority or come to compromises which suit both parties should there be a distinct split.
    Bolded the relevant bit. I think this is a pretty clear instance of a "distinct split", and there's an obvious method of compromise in bringing the terms of the suspensions down to a more reasonable level. I too would like to see some action from the PA on this.
    It's cold on the outside they say
    But the cold leaves you clear while the heat leaves a haze

This isn't a distinct split, it's about 5 of the Players.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamee999
    This isn't a distinct split, it's about 5 of the Players.
    how do you know? from the people who've posted in the relavent thread its about 50/50

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Bolded the relevant bit. I think this is a pretty clear instance of a "distinct split", and there's an obvious method of compromise in bringing the terms of the suspensions down to a more reasonable level. I too would like to see some action from the PA on this.
    Compared to the initial calls, they've got off very lightly to be honest...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Just to clarify, everyone is saying the banning is justified but people have qualms over the length of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

PY
    I don't think it's anyone's business to complain except the people themselves surely? I know it's a possible concern in the future for others being out of control but there's simple ways out of that.

And when they have formally complained then due action can be taken.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar
    It is, however, my business to try to get calm and agreement amongst players when possible. Sometimes that might be very impossible but I will still persevere to explore options I and the players have.

Personally, the PA Rep's role in this needed to be more public. We needed to see what action he took, remembering that his job should be to solely get the best possible result for the players involved, not necessarily what he thinks should be the result. Considering Towns is representing us all, we should know the views being taken to the table.

Admittedly, the waters are a bit murky because it's a player vs player issue, however once it was decided that action was to be taken, hopefully the position was taken of trying to quash the decision to the fewest weeks possible.

Also, I think action by the PA needs to be taken about the Dunn issue. Surely he's got a foot to stand on "legally", where something that most players took as a "registration of intent/interest" suddenly became a binding contract.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    Also, I think action by the PA needs to be taken about the Dunn issue. Surely he's got a foot to stand on "legally", where something that most players took as a "registration of intent/interest" suddenly became a binding contract.
    Don't need to fuss too much about the Dunn situation as Green don't want him anyway, but some sort of clearing up needs to be done regarding how the declarations of interest are viewed.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    remembering that his job should be to solely get the best possible result for the players involved, not necessarily what he thinks should be the result.
    Wouldn't his job be to get the best possible outcome for all the players of the league as a whole, not just the individuals involved in various incidents.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    He responded to a request to return for Blue then responded to a request to play for Green. Basically, he took the same action with both clubs, but did it with Blue first. Aside from that, the agreement he made was totally unbeknownst to the captain, Andrew Garven.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by age_master
    Wouldn't his job be to get the best possible outcome for all the players of the league as a whole, not just the individuals involved in various incidents.
    When he's representing the league, yes.

See, all I'm asking for is more transparency in the role of the PA Rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    He responded to a request to return for Blue then responded to a request to play for Green. Basically, he took the same action with both clubs, but did it with Blue first. Aside from that, the agreement he made was totally unbeknownst to the captain, Andrew Garven.
    See, when the similar thing was started at Colts, I know I just read it as a registration of interest, and what you "thought" was going to happen. TBH, if Dunn had've been playing for anyone other than Blue, I'd guess he'd be at Green now.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information