• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I have a query.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Why did we all age twice over the offseason?

I aged out of the u-19's at the end of Season X, and then all the fresh u-19's aged out after the end of the offseason. I'm pretty sure that's not right, and if it was decided that way, that's a ridiculous decision.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Smith's right. I believe I was Under 18's during Season X, then Under 19's in the offseason, and now I am Under 20's in Season 11.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think that the reason why only 17 and 18yos are playing in the pre season tourny is cus there wont be many Under 19 games during the season. So the next Under19 tour will be in the off season. So its better to build a side for that. Well that what i thought.

Hak or Liam can add something extra if im wrong.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think I updated the ages on the website at the end of last season. Haven't done much with the website since though.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Why did we all age twice over the offseason?

I aged out of the u-19's at the end of Season X, and then all the fresh u-19's aged out after the end of the offseason. I'm pretty sure that's not right, and if it was decided that way, that's a ridiculous decision.
That did strike me as weird too, to tell you the truth. Suddenly we had stuff all players to choose from...

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
I was really disappointed when i wasn't allowed to play Under 19s. I really enjoyed capataining then last season and was looking forward to captaining them again this season. To Trav, Jack and Tharmi thanks for the chance you guys gave me, i think i forgot to thank you guys in the Euro Tour thread. Good luck to the new batch of Under 19 players, i how you guys enjoy the experience as much as i did.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ok does that mean that the players that are 19 can play for the Under 19s, or only the 18 and 17yos. Also if you get some free time (unlikey) can you add the new players that joined the clubs this season. If you don't have anytime to do that, its ok we will work around it.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
Ok does that mean that the players that are 19 can play for the Under 19s, or only the 18 and 17yos. Also if you get some free time (unlikey) can you add the new players that joined the clubs this season. If you don't have anytime to do that, its ok we will work around it.
The 19-year-olds can play.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Would like to point out that the Colts lineup is inaccurate, so the ages may be up to date but some of those players listed are no longer available for selection regardless - eg. Fensome is there, Gelman is not.