• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

Deja moo

International Captain
Alternate aggressive and slow-paced batsmen in the order. Cant have two batsmen with strike rates of 40 at the crease at the same time !

Hoggy31

International Captain
Ahhhh...sorry team... My batting form is abosolutely shocking, :@ . And my bowling has been pretty average of late.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Hoggy31 said:
Ahhhh...sorry team... My batting form is abosolutely shocking, :@ . And my bowling has been pretty average of late.
Sounds like you are talking about the Freo A graders ;) Knocked out of the Sunday League by Subi :D

*cough* Back on topic.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Sounds like you are talking about the Freo A graders ;) Knocked out of the Sunday League by Subi :D

*cough* Back on topic.
Righto...

*makes plans to talk about non-related Brisbane grade cricket happenings*

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Just taken a look at the stats. And this guy:

Code:
H. Mørk                    9    17    1     595  37.19 102     1    4   23   1
is the only one averaging above 30 with the bat...the bowling's decent, but we just aren't following it up... :(

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I have no idea why I am batting so poorly??

My season started in so well - 260 runs in 5 innings, now, 12 innings later, i have only scored another 200 runs..

Deja moo

International Captain
I think drastic measures are needed to lift us out of this ditch we find ourselves in. I propose ice cold baths for the entire team, a la Jennings-Ntini.

Deja moo

International Captain
LongHopCassidy said:
I joined for the massages!

Ice baths, pffft.
Go massage yourself ! We cant afford a masseur. Our entire budget went towards paying for the alcohol... :drunk:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have been practising in the nets, giving in effort but its tough to make the red team. I have resolved to give up beer till I take a 5 wicket hall in CW Cricket. Not because beer hinders my performance, but to make it all the more personal to work hard to try and get back into the team.

Loony BoB

International Captain
And once you get back into the team and get that five wicket bag... BAM! Back on the drink, form goes back down, back on the bench. ;)

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Deja moo said:
Go massage yourself ! We cant afford a masseur. Our entire budget went towards paying for the alcohol... :drunk:
Budget. I heard Black had a team of female masseurs on shifts.......... :p

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
To the first question, they can be whatever you want them to be!

And to the second (possibly rhetorical) question - a massage of another kind ;)

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
really disappointed with my performance in the matches am trying ot hard to shift from web team to the dev league red team hope i stuck form soon for the team

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Good win(s) Reds!

A great performance in the OD, delighted with my maiden OD century, and a very good effort to pull it back in at the end of the FC game. Keep it up Reds.