• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, backing the very short-priced favourite there Dwyer.

I'll put $5 on the "I just love CW cricket so much" excuse, or the "Bowl-A-Beamer" as many have come to know it.

(but just quietly, also slipping $10 on the brother excuse)

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=1471320&postcount=494

I believe Cribb has confirmed that they're the same IP's.
They are from same IP.. But he is my colleague at my office... His name is Sunil Reddy.. I referred him to Cricketweb.net . He is also cricket buff...

I created this ID at my office and he too did from the office as he doesnt have Internet connection at his house
Its really bad of you to discuss something thats not true...

SunilReddy is a die hard Indian cricket fan... he knows lot more about cricket than me...

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
They are from same IP.. But he is my colleague at my office... His name is Sunil Reddy.. I referred him to Cricketweb.net . He is also cricket buff...

I created this ID at my office and he too did from the office as he doesnt have Internet connection at his house

SunilReddy is a die hard Indian cricket fan... he knows lot more about cricket than me...
:laugh:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT

This is probably true, but I don't see how I did anything wrong. Two accounts from the same IP, one of which answered a post directed at the other. You'd have to be pretty damn slow to not think people would be suspicious.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Yeah look, I can understand and accept this, but if he was in your office the IP should be slightly different (the last 3 numbers IIRC). The second post being under your username indicates it was from the exact same computer.

Of course he could've simply been using your computer and then you came back and logged in and then he came over and then replied to Liams post without realising you were logged in, or something believable like that...

Last edited:

Raghav

Yeah look, I can understand and accept this, but if he was in your office the IP should be slightly different (the last 3 numbers). The second post being under your username indicates it was from the exact same computer.

Of course he could've simply been using your computer and then you came back and logged in and then he came over and then replied to Liams post without realising you were logged in, or something believable like that...
I am not technically too sound .. I am from India..

I am not too sure about this IP's and everything...

My Network Administrator at my office should answer this question. But I am sure that he was using his computer to post this and I am using different computer at my office..

You can also check logind of both accounts.. Now, I am at my house. I will login to Cricketweb from my house only on sat and sun... Had If I opened a double accounts, there would be a instance where I could login into sunilreddy from my house also.. But if you check the logins of both the accounts, you cant find me logging in to his account from my house at any time.

You will find his logins from my office IP only.

I am very passionate on things which I love! I love Cricketweb alot and I did/will not ever cross the limits.

On first note, you could have not given permission for sunil to open an account if the IP's are similar...Its you who needs to monitor first

NZTailender

I am not technically too sound .. I am from India..

I am not too sure about this IP's and everything...

My Network Administrator at my office should answer this question. But I am sure that he was using his computer to post this and I am using different computer at my office..

You can also check logind of both accounts.. Now, I am at my house. I will login to Cricketweb from my house only on sat and sun... Had If I opened a double accounts, there would be a instance where I could login into sunilreddy from my house also.. But if you check the logins of both the accounts, you cant find me logging in to his account from my house at any time.

You will find his logins from my office IP only.

I am very passionate on things which I love! I love Cricketweb alot and I did/will not ever cross the limits.

On first note, you could have not given permission for sunil to open an account if the IP's are similar...Its you who needs to monitor first
Doesn't explain how your account was used to reply to Liams post as if he was SunilReddy tbh. Can believe the rest though.

Raghav

Doesn't explain how your account was used to reply to Liams post as if he was SunilReddy tbh. Can believe the rest though.
He never used my system to post in the reply. No He did not nor I did ...

This is all I can say! If you cant believe , please ban me!

I am dead right in what I am saying

NZTailender

He never used my system to post in the reply. No He did not nor I did ...

This is all I can say! If you cant believe , please ban me!

I am dead right in what I am saying
See the problem is...

Thanks for giving the opportunity to play the match.. Improved performance from REDS..
Posted at 6.01AM (my time)

S*** man. Placed me at number 10 in the previous ODI match and didn't pick me for the FC match.

Am I injured or my captain is behaving like a Indian selector?
Posted at 6.03 AM

Then

Fair enough
At 6.31AM (from the same IP)

And then

Would like to see Jayawardena at No.3 rather than Silva at No.3 . Silva should be batting at No.4
At 6.33 AM in a different thread.

Look, it just seems a little strange. Like you've posted as Raghav, logged out and then posted as sunilreddy, logged back in as Raghav accidentally (perhaps due to cookies etc), and posted meaning to be sunilreddy.

Would like to put my mind at rest tbh.

Raghav

See the problem is...

Posted at 6.01AM (my time)

Posted at 6.03 AM

Then

At 6.31AM (from the same IP)

And then

At 6.33 AM in a different thread.

Look, it just seems a little strange. Like you've posted as Raghav, logged out and then posted as sunilreddy, logged back in as Raghav accidentally (perhaps due to cookies etc), and posted meaning to be sunilreddy.

Would like to put my mind at rest tbh.
Could you please answer this ? Can two computers can have same IP in an Indian office?

You might answer for that according to your knowledge..
But, I search in Internet and found out , might be because of the below problem in my office, two computers might have same IP addresses...

Two computers with same IP address IS POSSIBLE. Believe it or not; Right now I am working on my pc having same IP address as my friend's in the same network (collission domain) & its not conflicting. He has an IBM NIC & I got realtek (We both have XP). What I've done is.. changed my MAC address to what my friend have & everything goes out smoothly.. just my bandwidth meter shows data transfer even when I am not using that when he is using too..

Why this happens? >> on a collission domain, devices communicate with datalink layer, so they need MAC address (not the ip address). MY LAN is single collission domain on an /24 routable ip address network in class A; so it works fine for me. Experiment with other network scenarios & update this archive.