• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mørk, so whats happening with the ratings? We still having those or what?
Yeah, I'm only a day behind aren't I? So here are the ratings for the OD v Blue. Think I'm going to give up grade ratings tho, unless you want four in one lot.

SA Bennett 4 - not very exciting game, good bowling without much happening
MD Luff 10 - perfectly paced innings, dropped on 83 but by then he'd already as good as secured the win. Fab effort.
GKK Dobson 8 - fine knock, a bit too slow but Luff at the other end did enough hitting
DA Kearsley 2 - grubber trying to slog, fair enough
ZJ Ritchie 4 - get ball on bat :p
CP Thompson 3 - got us to the win, not particularly impressive bowling though
H Mørk 7 - for wicketkeeping
M Reddlapalli 6 - solid bowling once again
GN Nayak 3 - well, you were there to strengthen the batting :p
DM Kennett 7 - came back with a fine performance at the death, tossed it up them without much reward
MU Amir 7 - key wickets, excuses an economy rate of 5.4.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Sorry mate, i don't have patience yet again. LOL! Anyway about the ratings, do whatever that makes your life easy.

Cheers for the 6, highest so far IIRC.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Grade ratings - rounds five through eight

Going to do these without comments. Should be easier.

Round five - 3-day:

Raghav v Tigers: 9
Luff v Grooters: 7
Gray v Grooters: 6
Amir v Foxes: 6

Round six - 1-day:

Raghav v Tigers: 7
Amir v Foxes: 9
Luff v Grooters: 2
Gray v Grooters: 2

Round seven - 1-day:

Raghav v Grooters: 7
Ritchie v Grooters: 6
Dobson v Darters: 8
Gray v Jets: 7

Round eight - 3-day:

Sharma v Panthers: 4
Gray v Jets: 5
Raghav v Grooters: 7
Dwyer v Broncos: 6

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Me performing consistantly in Grade cricket. Hope to carry the form to the next ODI
Good stuff.

Could I ask you not to post in the "team naming" thread? It keeps things easier for the guy who simulates matches when he doesn't have to read through comments not about the team. :)

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Stuff Hak, good reading there. If we put a couple of wins together on the trott we shall be right up there boys, keep workin!

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:( Our OD season hasn't got off to the best of starts, possibly not helped with the teams best Bowler in Watt carving up over in India. Lets hope we can turn it around in the 2nd quarter.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Man have been in real real real horrible form of late, haven't really got many runs on the board. Keep getting out after settling in. Now a days I am even scared to check the scorecard out, hoping for it to be something atleast over 30-35.

Still, thanks to Mork, I have been getting many chances to prove myself. Unfortunately haven't been able to do anything out of the ordinary. Oh well, next game, hope so :unsure: .

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know you've got plenty on your plate as Captain Mr Mork, but would it be asking to much if yourself, or one of the other Senior Members, or selection panel, select a player of the quarter (i figure it would be an easy task if we simply added up each players performances out of 10 that you do after each match), much in the same way that Smith has done for Black. Or if it's fine by yourself, and the rest of the members, i'd be more than happy to do something of the sort each quarter?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
FC v Green

H Mørk 4 - ok batting, got out to Mitchell though. Nothing to write home about
GKK Dobson 4 - made a few runs and got out cheaply
A Sharma 3 - keeps making into double figures, and that's it
JR Gray 6 - harsh to bat you that high. Mostly excellent wicketkeeping
DA Kearsley 7 - the magic is wearing off ;)
ZJ Ritchie 3 - part of the crash
CR Dwyer 8 - big innings at vast strike rates, key bowling to give us a first-innings lead
CP Thompson 7 - excellent slog, starting to get things right with the ball again
SA Bennett 6 - keeps putting in the consistent performance. Got hammered a bit in the second though
DM Kennett 7 - demolition job
MU Amir 8 - keeps taking wickets and bowling well

Overall, very well played, except for the top four.

OD v Green

Comment: would be nice if we could win two games in a row.

SA Bennett 5 - stuck in syrup today
MD Luff 7 - stuck in and got us a good total at least
GKK Dobson 6 - ok knock
A Sharma 3 - these accursed double figures...
DA Kearsley 4 - it's going in the right direction :p
CP Thompson 4 - unthreatening bowling, couple of good hits though
M Reddlapalli 6 - wicket and ok economy
H Mørk 6 - batted well enough, kept ok but had a couple of wides I shouldn't have let past
DM Kennett 7 - not quite on the money as before, but kept Garven guessing
SV Raghav 7 - not too much threat
MU Amir 7 - see Raghav