• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 1 (Season 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England 'A' 238 & 407
Australia 'A' 406 & 243/3

Australia 'A' won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: Simon Katich
-------------------
New Zealand 'A' 387 & 280/3d
Cricketweb XI Devs 210 & 273

New Zealand 'A' won by 184 runs

Man of the match: Bruce Martin

Coach's comments:-
Another disappointing loss due mostly to poor bowling. Good fighting innings from Eyes Only and Umpire Money in the first and Marc and Age Master in the second. Fiery knock from Broncoman. Re: bowling, Bugssy becoming somehwat of an unsung hero!

Attachments

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
well well not a good result

personally 5 for was a good start but not no runs in the 1st innings

got some in the 2nd innings but we should have beat them.

we are way better guys

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
mr. ponting would like to claim responsibility for the loss, bowling 45 overs in the match for no wickets is the worst i have ever bowled. sorry. to cap it off, i made and duck and 4.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Simple reason (and I expect a formal apology ;)). You were called up to play for the senior team - the Cricket Web XI. You're in the ODI squad to play Sri Lanka.:)

You should pay more attention to the forum. :P

Last edited:

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
in other words masterblaster, you're in the better team. (you probably didn't need my other words. oh well.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Whaaaaaatttttt, scores of 0 and 6...............:(

Finally got a chance to bowl, but we all know how that went
:rolleyes: Oh well:rolleyes:

<Jamaican accent>: Bugssy.....wel don man, keep it up man!

masterblaster

International Captain
***Feels Embarrased, Stupid and Wrecked***

Sorry Liam, yeah I should pay more attention.

Ahh!

All's well that ends well.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
well a duck in the first isnt much good, 58 in the second is solid but that was the slowest i think i have ever scored, ohh well runs are runs, bowling went ok too

PS whats going on, a descant partner between myself and marc:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Mr Mxyzptlk

August 14th

Zimbabwe 'A' 311 & 186
South Africa 'A' 526/9d

South Africa 'A' won by an innings and 29 runs

Man of the match: Jon Kent

184 for Jon Kent.
---------------
West Indies 'A' 311 & 187
India A 267 & 235/4

India A won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: L Balaji

Balaji on fire!!
---------------

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW Dev XI squad

The squad to play defending champs Australia 'A' in their OD matchup.

Broncoman
Paid the Umpire
Age Master
Marc71178
Bugssy
Eyes Only +
Sunil Havascar
Umpire Money *
Mr Ponting
Chris Hinton
Neil Pickup

12th Man : R_Powell_fan

Cloete

International Captain
Liam i could do with some practice knocks u know!! justcause i normally carve up the tests doesn't mean i aint modest enuff to play for the devs and get some much needed practice :D. come on lemme play :D:D. also i'll get more of a bowl with the devs!! and then u can see how good my spin really is :P:D

Mr Mxyzptlk

That's against CWXI regulations. The Dev League is based in Australia and you are on tour in Sri Lanka. Under Rule no.25.6b, page 35 in the official manual (I trust you've received your's?):
No player may leave the country in which an official ICC sanctioned tour is based concerning his team without express written concent. The player will be forced to forfeit selection for 2 consecutive games if he/she takes such leave.
Rule no.25.6c
No player may eat cheese after the 9:27 in the night before a Test or ODI unless it is gouda.

Status
Not open for further replies.