• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player of the season nominations thread

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Okay so, player of the year nominations. I thought I'd keep it to one thread because anyone with half a brain should be able to follow the following guidelines:

Everyone is allowed one nomination for each category - First Class, One Day and Rookie of the year. You cannot nominate someone from your own team.

Everyone has three endorsements to give to other nominated players. You can endorse someone from your own team.

Please state which form you're nominating this person for: First Class, One Day or Rookie.
It's not entirely necessary, but if possible provide the relevant statistics for them.

If you want to nominate the same person for both formats, please indicate this in the same post - this uses up your nomination for both forms.

Each nominated player needs at least two endorsements from two different people (other than their nominator).

We'll try and get five people for all formats, and three threads for each format will follow after the closing of nominations and endorsements.
We'll go for either a week or until we get at least 5 people confirmed (if the latter is the case, I'll wait 24 hours in case anyone else gets nominated).

First class statistics.

One Day statistics.

Edit: on Smith's suggestion we'll also have a Rookie of the Year. Nominations for the rookie are slightly simpler - it was just be one award instead of one for each format. Everyone gets an additional nomination and endorsement vote.

Edit 2: PLEASE READ THROUGH THE WHOLE THREAD TO SEE WHO HAS ALREADY BEEN NOMINATED AND ENDORSED

Last edited:

NZTailender

Will use my two endorsements for Fuller and Smith.

Stedman also worthy, hope he gets seconded.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Nominations
FC
Greg Thomas: 108 wickets @ 27.93
OD
Kyle Wright: 37 wickets @ 23.89

Endorsements
FC
(when he's nominated) Blake Donald: 942 runs @ 31.40 & 55 wickets @ 35.82
OD
James Stedman: 1288 runs @ 107.33

Rookie of the Year
Sam Morris: 1078 runs @ 63.41 (FC) & 151 runs @ 18.87 (OD) :ph34r:

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Nominate Bowen for FC, because (rather ironically) I think the game could always use more bats slogging away in the longer form - and there are a few who can get away with it.
Nominate Gough for OD.

Endorse Geg for FC.
Endorse West for rookie.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Okay so, player of the year nominations. I thought I'd keep it to one thread because anyone with half a brain should be able to follow the following guidelines:

Everyone is allowed one nomination for each category - First Class, One Day and Rookie of the year. You cannot nominate someone from your own team.

Everyone has three endorsements to give to other nominated players. You can endorse someone from your own team.

Please state which form you're nominating this person for: First Class, One Day or Rookie.
It's not entirely necessary, but if possible provide the relevant statistics for them.

If you want to nominate the same person for both formats, please indicate this in the same post - this uses up your nomination for both forms.

Each nominated player needs at least two endorsements from two different people (other than their nominator).

We'll try and get five people for all formats, and three threads for each format will follow after the closing of nominations and endorsements.
We'll go for either a week or until we get at least 5 people confirmed (if the latter is the case, I'll wait 24 hours in case anyone else gets nominated).

First class statistics.

One Day statistics.

Edit: on Smith's suggestion we'll also have a Rookie of the Year. Nominations for the rookie are slightly simpler - it was just be one award instead of one for each format. Everyone gets an additional nomination and endorsement vote.
So close. :(

NZTailender

Are you nominating or endorsing or playing with your junk?

Edit: will choose to take that post as endorsements for West and nomination for Richards. Stedman has already gone through so you can still endorse someone else.

Last edited:

NZTailender

Currently through: Thomas (FC), West (Rookie), Stedman (OD), Donald (FC), West (OD)
Endorsed once: DP Smith (FC), Fuller (OD & FC)
Nominated: Dauth (OD), Gray (OD), Gough (OD), Bowen (FC), Wright (OD), Richards (FC)

99*

International Debutant
Could someone nominate M. Smith from Black for OD.

Code:
             O    M   R  W  BBI    Ave   Eco     SR  4BI 5BI
MJ Smith   138.2  5  642 39 6/35  16.46  4.64  21.28  2  1
Count this as an endorsement once he's nominated.

Would endorse D Smith, but He took my job! :p

NZTailender

I was actually toying with the idea of using my discretion and simply skipping the whole nominating process and simply put up the best of the best stats wise for voting, but didn't think too many would go for that.

However if that's not a problem it would save time and fiddling.