• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XII Results and Discussion Thread

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Eeeek, dissappointing to start the season with a loss, and a somewhat lacklustre bowling performance, but there were some good signs with the bat at least :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All captains, take note.

The following players will be unavailable from tomorrow's games, for the duration of the Champions Trophy:

CW Black
KJ Gough
NS Pickup
I Markus
AP Cloete

CW Blue
AJ Crampton
LA Camps
MW DeSilva
BJ Goff

CW Green
TC Halsey

CW Red
KR Clapham
DJ Watt
MJ Robbins
RJ Dauth

CW Colts
DP Towns
CR Butler

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You've gotta be kidding....

Oh well, a draw's not a bad result, and an amazing debut hundred from Arnold sure makes me feel better about our batting order in the longer form. Not a bad start to the season by any means, we sure do miss Borcich and Hoy though. Gough looked pretty ineffective, hopefully he can push on as he gets more experience.

Perm

Should be able to get a bit of a run for Reds, will be interesting to see how we go without our big names.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Disappointing performance from Redders, but with CT on it's way things would really be interesting. I wish all my fellow Red team mates for some glory on their international duties.:thumbsup:

Hopefully Mork can do some of his magic and ressurect the team.

oz_fan

International Regular
Decent start for Black even if it was just a draw. The team played well throughout with great performances from Richards and Gelman in particular. Arnold was the standout though so congrats to him.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Freak injury for Black fast bowler

Cricket Web Black were dealt a massive blow when Nath Patrick went down with a freak injury on his commute home from the Pickford Reserve. Patrick will miss 7 game days with a hairline fracture to his toe. The already weakened Black seam attack is weakened further by this devastating news.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Just noticed the schedule has a lot of 5D, 5D, OD, OD going on - just a thought for next season, but to make it easier on captains & their selection panels, it might be nice to make one day for 5D games, then the next for OD games, etc. This would allow for more time to think over any changes to be made to sides between games.

Mister Wright

That's the first true team performance the Colts have ever put on and I couldn't be more happier. Really disapointed with my own performance, but am estatic with the team's performance. 'Fitzy' hits a hundred on debut for the Colts, and 'Howler' obviously likes batting with him, which is only good for us. Butler hits the winning runs for us and Wilson had a fine allround game, so all-in-all a great debut for our new recruits.

Thomas was brilliant as ever, and with two genuine allrounders we are going to be tough to beat this season.

Perm

Cricket Web Black were dealt a massive blow when Nath Patrick went down with a freak injury on his commute home from the Pickford Reserve. Patrick will miss 7 game days with a hairline fracture to his toe. The already weakened Black seam attack is weakened further by this devastating news.
Ouch, big blow for Blacks.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Just noticed the schedule has a lot of 5D, 5D, OD, OD going on - just a thought for next season, but to make it easier on captains & their selection panels, it might be nice to make one day for 5D games, then the next for OD games, etc. This would allow for more time to think over any changes to be made to sides between games.
Only problem with that would be starting the season for one team with an OD game. Unless, of course, it starts 5D-5D-OD-OD, then falls into 5D-OD-5D-OD.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Gough looked pretty ineffective, hopefully he can push on as he gets more experience.
Depressing but true. I just need to find 1 FC performance for it all to fall into place.

Obviously was a good track to bat on and all told was a decent performance for Black

Mister Wright

I had sugested a similar schedule last season, don't know why it wasn't given more consideration.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Nooooooooo :(

Loony BoB

International Captain
Only problem with that would be starting the season for one team with an OD game. Unless, of course, it starts 5D-5D-OD-OD, then falls into 5D-OD-5D-OD.
That would work. :) I know it's late, but is there any chance we can mix it up from here on in? At least for the 2nd-4th quarter if not sooner. If you like, I can just edit the existing schedule myself to save your time.

Mr Mxyzptlk

That would work. :) I know it's late, but is there any chance we can mix it up from here on in? At least for the 2nd-4th quarter if not sooner. If you like, I can just edit the existing schedule myself to save your time.
Would be a massive chore to alter the schedule at this stage...

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
I feel that was a good result team wise but we could've played better cmon Blues for next game

Loony BoB

International Captain
Would be a massive chore to alter the schedule at this stage...
I'm able to do it, I have time at work every now and then.

Not sure if it changes anything at simming end, but I can't imagine it would do so. I figure you guys just get the teams from the naming thread and the tactics sent by the captains and that's that... if the dates have some other effect, I'm not aware of it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I'm able to do it, I have time at work every now and then.

Not sure if it changes anything at simming end, but I can't imagine it would do so. I figure you guys just get the teams from the naming thread and the tactics sent by the captains and that's that... if the dates have some other effect, I'm not aware of it.
Okay, well you can try to sort something out from the 2nd quarter onward. Email it to Haakon and myself as soon as possible so that we can have a look at it.