• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rookie Signings

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Eh well maybe it was an overstep to suggest the board would've handled us differently, but there's no denying we'd have had everyone from the player base in uproar (Especially one Travis Demeza.).

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Eh well maybe it was an overstep to suggest the board would've handled us differently, but there's no denying we'd have had everyone from the player base in uproar (Especially one Travis Demeza.).
The CWBCC has dealt with uproar before, and tbh, I'm surprised there wasn't more of that in this situation, given that I was the guilty party. I never favour CW Blue unfairly in playing my part in the CWBCC. That's why I didn't try to organize the contracted players differently, and instead paid out for 4 centrally contracted players. Also why I adjusted Young and Goff from their calculated ratings of C and B respectively.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Why would I give a **** that black would be one point over?
I would've said the same thing, "get over it, Liam is as human as everyone else", dispite the difference in team. I only made my first comment because i'm sick and tired of people going overboard with small nic-nacks which mean diddley poo and coming down on liam with pedantic 'crisis''. :p

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Its only 1 point, and given that the teams were more of less sorted before the system was brought in i dont mind it. That said i think that any team that does it after this season they should be forced to release a player.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'm seeing a few flaws with the rookie signing process. With such a short time to get into contact with a player and sign them and have them confirm their signing in the thread, this will be a very difficult process with little advantage to having first pick if a player just happens to be away from the internet for a couple of days when it's your pick. I think we all know who the #1 choice is for most teams right now and I simply can't get any contact from him right now.

I prefer the old system where a player signs in and gets given a team whether they like it or not - that's the proper advantage that I would expect from having first pick. Without it, this will become a bit of a lottery.

EDIT: Sorry for having that MSN convo cut short, Vimes, it's disconnected me. :( Hate MSN. Worst thing for keeping a solid connection.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm under the impression we can't sign anyone until you do, which still gives you an advantage. It just makes this process reeeeeealllly long.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'm under the impression we can't sign anyone until you do, which still gives you an advantage. It just makes this process reeeeeealllly long.
It's only an advantage if the rookies happen to be online and check their email soon. :p If they aren't, and the whole thing moves on and at that point they suddenly say "oh hi, sorry, I was away!" then the second team has the advantage.

I imagine this will happen a few times throughout the (long) process, hence this will end up being a bit of a lottery at times.

EDIT: Also, from what I understand, we can't just wait for a response, we have to do this within some sort of timeframe (although I also understand it is longer than 36 hours for actually finding the rookie to sign). Just another flaw, really, that will mean this whole thing drags on.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I'm thinking that if a player doesn't respond to a contract offer by email, he'll be declared "dead" for the entire draft round, and no one can sign him.

Loony BoB

International Captain
How much time would a player have to respond? I need to know how long I should wait before asking another rookie. This is all pretty confusing to be honest, especially with the possibility of having a rookie not sign up and us being forced to lose our first pick.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
How much time would a player have to respond? I need to know how long I should wait before asking another rookie. This is all pretty confusing to be honest, especially with the possibility of having a rookie not sign up and us being forced to lose our first pick.
Let's say until this time Tuesday.

I don't really see the problem with you contacting another guy now, tho, with the caveat that the offer may be retracted if you get the player you want.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I go for auto-pick rather then auto-assign. As Towns has pointed out this could get quite messy if players don't respond to emails. They only have one season contracts, so if a rookie really hates a club they can move next season.
Eh I think auto-assign worked well at the start of last season. Obviously using the assignment order and choosing whether to take them or leave them is the better way throughout the season.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Eh I think auto-assign worked well at the start of last season. Obviously using the assignment order and choosing whether to take them or leave them is the better way throughout the season.
Really there is not much difference really. Just with a draft there is more chance the lower sides will get the best rookies. But with the auto-assign then it gets done a lot quicker. I just think this whole aspect of rookies having to confirm a contract could take forever. Really Colts have already decided who their first pick is, we could be onto Green already if the rookies didn't have to confirm a contract.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I have already shown interest towards a team more than a week ago through email. Do I have to respond to these emails sent today?