• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Suggestions

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
hmm im pro for adding to 2 teams :)
but the Uni idea i like to, as it will add competiton and everyone has a game

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
hmm im pro for adding to 2 teams :)
but the Uni idea i like to, as it will add competiton and everyone has a game

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
No objection to extra teams, but i'm not really in favour of shuffling players around too much. Only as much as is necessary to accomodate extra teams, and if people have good reasons for wanting to move.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
The Uni side will only play when there's enough players for it, remember (with injuries and international tours the squads could be scraped down to 11-12) - so I'd think that team would only play friendlies and not actually take part in any competition.

cricketboy29

International Regular
but then, would having a university side solve the problem of too many players, if the university side just played friendlies?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
As they're still getting a game played - it just doesn't count towards any final standings, but the averages would still be collected, I assume.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
How about contracts for Dev league teams? That way you could have salary cap and values for each player. This would make trading alot more interesting because you have to think about your salary cap AND the strength of your team. It will also make the talent pool spread around abit more evenly as well.

Transfer values can be set for each player by the CWBCC, or just have rankings for players, in regards to their value. This value can be changed when a team pays more money for a good player. Then, if you recieve a good deal, you'll have more money to spend on other players.

ash chaulk

International Captain
maybe there should be a team for rookies then at the end of the season a draft???

eg 1st pick to the team ranked last etc...

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Imo, Rookies should stay on the rotational basis that they are now, however Hakon's Uni (or whatever it is to be called) teams will allow the rookies to play week in week out, and player loans should only be avilable to teams that can't field a team for whatever reason.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
KennyD said:
How about contracts for Dev league teams? That way you could have salary cap and values for each player. This would make trading alot more interesting because you have to think about your salary cap AND the strength of your team. It will also make the talent pool spread around abit more evenly as well.

Transfer values can be set for each player by the CWBCC, or just have rankings for players, in regards to their value. This value can be changed when a team pays more money for a good player. Then, if you recieve a good deal, you'll have more money to spend on other players.
Age Master said:
hehe marc could run the WCC salary forumla over all of us ;)
ash chaulk said:
maybe there should be a team for rookies then at the end of the season a draft???

eg 1st pick to the team ranked last etc...
I know! Why don't we just chuck it all and restart as a WCC clone :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not in favour of salaries and transfer fees at this time. Aside from it adding a measure of classism to the system, I recall the trading process last season. Only 2, possibly 3 trades were made during the 2 trading periods. If the level of trading was so low with so little complication, I can only imagine how it will be when numbers must be balanced.

Regarding the university teams, I can see that working, but it'd have to be 2 teams. Consider this:

5 Teams.
Squads of 16.
11 play per Dev Game.
5 remain from each team for a total of 25 players.
Accounting for injury and callups, I don't expect cutting the 25 to 22 for each friendly will be a problem, and players will be rotated to suit regardless. If necessary, low level non-CW players will be drafted in, or retired CW players.

The new team (Colts) will be comprised mostly of rookies, with a few experienced heads to guide the way and some inexpereinced non-rookies.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Regarding the university teams, I can see that working, but it'd have to be 2 teams.
Don't mind that - but, again, in times of crisis it could be cut down to one or even zero (say if 15 players is available - no need to draft in seven).

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In those cases one university team will play and the remaining players will comprise an invitational XI I suppose. Of course that would entail the drafting of 7 players, but it may still work. We could have a team 11 players available for usage in such situations.

ash chaulk

International Captain
i like it. but wat happens when there are more and more signups like last season there seemed like there were heaps.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
KennyD said:

Like I said, I think people are forgetting what the point of Dev Cricket is.