• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

25th Match - New Zealand v South Africa

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Howsie

International Captain
I’d be willing to be my left but that having Munro up the order and 99 percent of the time getting out within the first few overs has played a part in that strike rate dropping.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
I’d be willing to be my left but that having Munro up the order and 99 percent of the time getting out within the first few overs has played a part in that strike rate dropping.
Yep. Continually coming in at 21/1 in the 3rd over will do that to a man's SR.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I actually think Kane has it in his locker to strike at 120 if need be. But maybe he can't do it without risks, in the way say Kohl can, so refrains more often that not. But including Maxwell in the conversation is stupid. Munro can strike at 120 for 10 balls a la Maxwell. Why not include him? Pietersen.
Williamson will be fine. I know it is 20 20, but remember last year's IPL:

2018 17 3 735 84 52.50 516 142.44 0 8 64 28 6 0

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong for the Proteas. It's an end of an era for some of the players. Amla, Duminy, Tahir, Steyn, Faf? A lot of these guys have given excellent service, unfortunately time has caught up with them.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong for the Proteas. It's an end of an era for some of the players. Amla, Duminy, Tahir, Steyn, Faf? A lot of these guys have given excellent service, unfortunately time has caught up with them.
I don't know if I agree with that on the sentiment of 'well stuff happens', it was largely self inflicted and predictable... we have missed catches, missed run outs that could have won us games. Batted poorly. Selection was largely uninspired (Nortje was unfortunate), and we took injured players to the WC. I don't blame the players for not trying, and I don't blame selectors 100% because they probably picked the best squad we could at that time. But ultimately everything became 100% predictable, even if it went worse than we hoped. Needed to make serious changes to the team 2 years ago.