• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

24th Match - England v Afghanistan

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
How awesome would it be if England randomly choked and lost here.

Would at least make the top 4 spot battle vaguely interesting. Won't happen though obviously.
I don 't see the top 4 as done & dusted. If memory serves, there's only been one match between 2 sides from the current top 4; India vs Aus a couple weeks back. So there's plenty of chances for points to be dropped when they play each other, and Bang & SL aren't so far behind them.

EDIT
I'd forgotten the India vs NZ washout. Point still stands though.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Weird innings from Jonny it seems. Set up a good platform, but suggests it's not a pitch for free-flowing shots?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would love to see Root's dotball percentage. Can't think of a better player who is less boundary reliant.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rashid Khan's reputation is going to take some damage by the end of this tournament.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Rashid Khan's reputation is going to take some damage by the end of this tournament.
His stats right now are unreal. Sits on top of average and strike rate tables. Not sure he is that​ good.

PikeyB

School Boy/Girl Captain
I didn't get much of a look at the pitch , but I did fancy putting Afghanistan in and going for their weakest game early . This gives them a sniff of victory and minnows have whupped us in the past . :)

I really want Bangladesh in the final four .

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The unfortunate thing is you don't imagine a wicket would help too much either...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't get much of a look at the pitch , but I did fancy putting Afghanistan in and going for their weakest game early . This gives them a sniff of victory and minnows have whupped us in the past . :)

I really want Bangladesh in the final four .
The only reason for inviting Afghanistan to bat would have been concerns over the weather and hoping to dismiss them as quickly as possible.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Root and Morgan exemplify the 2 different kinds of one day batsmen around. The flawless stroke-maker and the big bat reliant test failure.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The unfortunate thing is you don't imagine a wicket would help too much either...
Jos Buttler could indeed be fun in this situation.

There's talk on cricinfo of Root having back problems. If so, why is he still batting?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
hmm before the game today I thought this could have been a struggle for Morgan. He often struggles against Asian spin especially early in his innings. And on a used pitch at Old trafford that normally takes some spin. He seems to have done all right for himself.