• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Squads

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surely Starc and Cummins would bowl the last 5 overs. Richardson would be finished by over 45.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd give him and Cummins the new ball. Starc wastes the new ball generally and can reverse it if possible. Better death bowler as mentioned also.

trundler

Indian squad:
Virat Kohli (C), Rohit Sharma (VC) Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Vijay Shankar, MS Dhoni (wicket keeper), Kedhar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik, Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami.

No Pant and no Rayudu.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Aus squad besides the bowling also looks very top heavy in the batting.

India interesting picking karthik above pant.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
With teams playing 9 games minimum, 15 man squads leaves you with little margin for error. If conditions suit, India might want to play Bhuvi Bumrah and Shami in the one game.. For Australia, if Maxwell gets injured the XI that we will play would look really weird (of course a late Carey injury would screw things too).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
A Glenn Maxwell injury could mean:

Aaron Finch (capt), David Warner, Steve Smith, Shaun Marsh, Alex Carey (wk), Marcus Stoinis, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Jhye Richardson, Adam Zampa

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
With teams playing 9 games minimum, 15 man squads leaves you with little margin for error. If conditions suit, India might want to play Bhuvi Bumrah and Shami in the one game.. For Australia, if Maxwell gets injured the XI that we will play would look really weird (of course a late Carey injury would screw things too).
Absolutely. With all teams playing three more games it would make sense to allow one extra squad member at least

SeamUp

International Coach
Hardik is the 4th seamer. Interesting considering it is fairly early in the summer when the comp starts. Guess you got to play to your strengths and pick 3 spinners.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Considering I've seen puffs of dust on some of the county pitches, in April, I wouldn't be too worried about Hardik being potentially not good enough on a seaming wicket. I expect they'll mostly prepare the billiard-table type pitches they have recently.

SeamUp

International Coach
Considering I've seen puffs of dust on some of the county pitches, in April, I wouldn't be too worried about Hardik being potentially not good enough on a seaming wicket. I expect they'll mostly prepare the billiard-table type pitches they have recently.
Fair point actually. Which pitches did you see that on. I know Leach got 6 v Notts but bad batting or helpful pitch.

It will generally be good batting pitches with wear and tear at the back end. So if you think pace off the ball will help like India it is fine. But I suppose atmospheric conditions do play a role too.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Could one of the mods alter my first post and put the squads in there just to make it easier to find?

vcs

Karthik and Vijay Shankar :no:

Surely we can do better than those two..

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Really can't understand Lyon in the squad or around the ODI team at all. Maxwell is gonna give much the same results as Lyon, and I fail to see why we'd ever want all three of Zampa, Lyon and Maxwell in an XI.