• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Club Contracts*

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You may be approached, but you'd not be on good relations with the club you'll have to break the contract with. :p
im sure they can get over it :)

Eclipse

International Debutant
I would not mind playing county cricket and I beleive I would be a good team member for any county.

Simon

im delighted to be asked to play 9 games in T&T, ill get out and do my part for world cricket, while cloete will be playing county for his bank balance. enjoy your 4 games andy :)

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
im delighted to be asked to play 9 games in T&T, ill get out and do my part for world cricket, while cloete will be playing county for his bank balance. enjoy your 4 games andy :)
I'm hoping to play for a different county where I can get more games!! Otehrwise it'll have o be the four games. Looking forward to a 20/20 slog though :D

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I am also off to join the yanks for a new experience and to improve my game. Maybe i can even find some talent to bring bac to Cricketweb... I dont really care about the money, i just want to share cricket with the wider community and leave the more experienced CWXI members to be offered county stints. Lets go New York.

ash chaulk

International Captain
im pleased to announce that ill be playing 3 3day games and 3 40 over games with the San Fernando Thunderbirds alongside Mr Mxyzptlk and WI under19 Xavier Marshall

PY

International Coach
I'm delighted to be playing for Indiana in the off-season (already sounding like a Yank :D)

I will be playing alongside the Waugh brothers and Pedro Collins. The nerves are jangling as I board my flight to the US of A. :sweat:

I'll keep you posted. :)

DJellett

International Debutant
I am very happy to announce that Maine have elcted to host me as an international player over the next 4 weeks.
Hopefullly I can serve those boys well.
First match is tomorrow, keenly await my results.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i applied for new york but i have not heard anything yet does this mean they dont wont me :(

Simon

Liam im interested to know how long this will last, i mean how often will be shipped off to other parts of the world to play cricket in their competitions, and will we get the chance to play in other countries like Aus, Pakistan or india etc.....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Club contracts FAQs

Q: What is the purpose of club cricket?

Club contracts are means to keep you guys busy in the offseason for the Dev League. Don't lose focus of the Dev League as the primary tournament though, as all your play in club cricket is for the benefit of your Dev League performance.
---
Q: Can I play club cricket during the Dev League season?

A: Players who aren't contracted with the CWBCC may continue to play club cricket during the Dev League season, BUT those players won't be eligible for selection for the CW XI until they have participated in a Dev League season.
---
Q: Will there be time between the end of my club cricket stint and the start of the Dev League?

A: The next Dev League season is not due to begin until September to thereabouts. That means that most players will likely get a contract extension with their clubs to fill the time. However, the option of short contracts allows players to move to a new club if they wish to.
---
Q: Will we be allowed to play in the Ranji Trophy or Pura Cup?

A: Eventually we (the CWBCC) hope to have an agreement with Cricket Australia and the BCCI for such opportunities.
---
Q: Does my club contract ensure that I will play every game for them?

A: Bar injury players should play every game. However, if a player is performing extremely poorly and is an asset to the club, he/she may be dropped.
---
Q: Can my club contract be terminated?

A: The contract can only be terminated by the CWBCC or the club itself.
---
Q: Will I be able to sign on this offseason to play for the same club next offseason?

A: If a player shows interest to create an affiliation with a particular club (eg Mr Mxyzptlk's seasonal participation for the San F'do Thunderbirds), the club will be contacted by the CWBCC to see whether they are as well willing. The player will then be notified of the terms.
-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
I hope this clears up a lot of the questions you guys have.
Q: If I re-apply to play for the same club again at the end of my contract, can I be refused?

A: Yes, but only under circumstances of poor discipline or very poor performance.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
i guess with a MAJOR step like this there was bound to be some issues... but everything will become more clear after time.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Initial Schedule of Club Cricket Broadcast

Sunday 25th July : NY v Atlanta, Maine v Indiana (4-day), Toco v San Fdo, Port-of-Spain v Princes Town (3-day), Essex v Northants (CC)

Tuesday 27th July : NY v Atlanta, Maine v Indiana (50-over), Toco v San Fdo, Port-of-Spain v Princes Town (40-over), Essex v Northants (50-over)

Wednesday 28th July : NY v Maine, Atlanta v Indiana (50-over), Toco v Port-of-Spain, San Fdo v Princes Town (40-over), Essex v Leicestershire (Twenty20)

Thursday 29th July : Indiana v Texas, Atlanta v Maine (4-day), Port-of-Spain v Marabella, Toco v Princes Town (3-day), Essex v Somerset (CC)

Friday 30th July : NY v Indiana, Maine v Texas (4-day), Toco v Marabella, San Fdo v Port-of-Spain (3-day), Essex v Glamorgan (CC)

Saturday 31st July : NY v Maine, Atlanta v Indiana (4-day), Toco v Port-of-Spain, San Fdo v Princes Town (3-day), Essex v Leicestershire (CC)

Sunday 1st August : NY v Indiana, Maine v Texas (50-over), Toco v Marabella, San Fdo v Port-of-Spain (40-over), Essex v Glamorgan (50-over)

Live updates on the big-screens in the CW Bar.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Looking forward to playing in the 20Twenty for Essex. I'm hoping my slogging style (is the conversion taking place yet?) is going to help out there.