• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in Pakistan and Bangladesh

masterblaster

International Captain
I know Im injured, but im still a little dissapointed to miss out. I have been in superb touch this year with the ball in the longer version of the game. Still hoping for the next tour or a spot in the ODI side.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
is very dissapointed to miss out after playing soe good solid cricket in the 5d devs, and considering i am a current cwx1 member ! does this mean my cwx1 career is in tatters, and i rn off from paractise and dont show and hit the alcohol or ....................team. :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

i will say i am dissapointed and if i said i wasnt i would be a liar, but good luck on the tour, maybe i will see you guys for the one dayers, but i am needed for the cw a tour.

Last edited:

spikeypineapple

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I am quite honored to be given this place of high distinction in a team of high distinction, cant wait to get out in the middle n get sum runs, well done to rose, together we will 'rip **** up' yeh bro

Tom Halsey

International Coach
All I can say is honoured.

I hope me and Neil play the first Test, and take 20 wickets between us. Long Live LSU!!!

But I am also honoured to be amongst some of the greatest seemers, batters, and 'keepers (not you Pete) anywhere in the world. :p

PY

International Coach
Yet again, I end up...peering at my number of Test caps hanging on the wall....

*smirks and realises why Essex has such a bad reputation*

:whistling:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Although a great honour to be selected for the squad, I'd better remind the new call ups that there's 16 people for 11 places, so you may not play a full game in this tour (as I discovered to my cost in NZ before the World Cup)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I was never unaware of that, as I'm sure all other new call ups weren't either.

But it is still an honour to be selected!

Cloete

International Captain
Interesting... I am eager to see how tehse new guys go, so far no-one new has really done outstandingly. But guys like Mr. P and Mr. W are proving to be brilliant players after spending a while in teh team! I'm sure Marc will get alot of batting this time round! Interestig choice to drop Bugs though...

Cloete

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Bugs hasn't been dropped because he's never been in the Test side!
True.... but I personally feel him worth, and it's a surprise to me! But I guess his FC average isn't anything to write home about!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Cloete said:
True.... but I personally feel him worth, and it's a surprise to me! But I guess his FC average isn't anything to write home about!
Yup. I have very little doubt that he'll fly in for the ODIs along with Liam and probably a few other guys!

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Great to be in the squad.Hope to get my first Test cap soon.If i get selected i'll try to do my best as i did on debut in the Dev League.Hope to reproduce that form at the highest level.Good to see Toogood and Halsey selected also.Go Greens!!Let's just do our best guys.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Cloete said:

um i think i have played a test match or 2 havent i.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Originally Posted by Cloete
Interesting... I am eager to see how tehse new guys go, so far no-one new has really done outstandingly.
ahhh... WHAT THE?? toogood has been absolutely outstanding this season and jellet, rose and halsey have been on fire also. there is no way these players dont deserve there spots.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bugssy said:
um i think i have played a test match or 2 havent i.
3 Tests against New Zealand.

6 innings
134 runs
22.33 Avge
0 fifties
0 hundreds
HS - 38
1 Ct
6 wickets
38.33 Avge
BB - 3/72

You never established yourself at Test level and have never been amazing at FC level.

Cloete

International Captain
Nnanden said:
Originally Posted by Cloete

ahhh... WHAT THE?? toogood has been absolutely outstanding this season and jellet, rose and halsey have been on fire also. there is no way these players dont deserve there spots.
Halsey's right... I meant tests! Not Dev League!

roseboy64

I didn't notice that Dylan had been selected.Welcome to CWXI.Hope we can both make the team.

roseboy64

Hope i can play in that second Test at Rawalpindi.Isn't it supposed to help fast bowlers?