• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Live sims

How should live sims be run?

• MSN sims

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Forum sims

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Don't care/don't watch live sims anyway

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
During the recent sim of CW XI v South Africa, some people expressed the wish to sim things over MSN, as that generated more comments than the current forum simming. However, I don't want to change immediately, and there have been some other voices liking the current system, so I'm putting it up for a public vote.

Note that it's just the sims I do that are up for voting. Liam changed to forum sims because his ITC wasn't very compatible with MSN, I think.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I preferred the MSN sims. There were a few more problems with them in general (MSN dying due to huge convos, mostly), but they were a lot more fun and engaging, I think.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
MSN sims were so cluttered that it was impossible to follow the scores I found.

Why not sim on forum, but have people chat on MSN at the same time to discuss it?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Forums for mine. It means that anyone who couldn't make the live sim can still catch most of the commentary

cbuts

International Debutant
just in my experience, forum sims havent created the same sort of atsmophere about the game. alot less people are involved

cricketboy29

International Regular
cbuts said:
just in my experience, forum sims havent created the same sort of atsmophere about the game. alot less people are involved
I'm thinking so too..The forum seems to be a tad more impersonal.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
I have never seen the MSN sims, so i opted for Forum sim.. but i wouldn't mind MSN..

Marc thats a good idea i reckon..

ash chaulk

International Captain
i loved the atmosphere of the msn sim/ but i liked the catch up on the forum sims BUT the reports are often good enough and the commentary is added with scorecard so i voted MSN

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
MSN sims were so cluttered that it was impossible to follow the scores I found.

Why not sim on forum, but have people chat on MSN at the same time to discuss it?

good logic in that :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
marc71178 said:
This suggestion appears to have some kind of consensus. Let's try that for Friday's match, then. (might remind me when it's time to update, too)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Personally, the last live sim I was really watching for the whole duration was the Black v. Blue FC final, and that lacked NO atmosphere whatsoever. Was a great time.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Forum sims are good for latecomers and also for those who don't have access to MSN at the time (I usually fall into this group!). It also depends on how often they're updated as to how good they are.

I find MSN sims are better for the atmosphere for sure, although I can imagine they'd be harder on the person simming it as they are constantly asked for information. I do miss the whole suspense of the end result though.

Agree with Marc overall, yeah.

Ever since forum sims started up, I've hardly used MSN at all. :p