• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in Australia Tour Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well the series is less than two weeks away, so I think it's close enough to open a thread on it. [/CC]

What are the predictions/expectations for this tour? What do you guys think the squad will be/should be?

Tour Schedule:

Code:
May 1	Squad announced
May 3	Western Australia v CW XI		3-day tour	WACA
May 5	Australia v CW XI			1st Test	WACA
May 8	CA Chairman's XI v CW XI		3-day tour	Adelaide
May 10	Australia v CW XI			2nd Test	Adelaide
May 12	Australia v CW XI			3rd Test	MCG
May 14	Tasmania v CW XI			1-day tour	Hobart
May 15	Australia v CW XI			1st ODI		Hobart
May 17	Victoria v CW XI			1-day tour	Ballarat
May 18	Australia v CW XI			2nd ODI		Telstra Dome
May 19	Australia v CW XI			3rd ODI		Telstra Dome

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it'll be a very tough tour for the XI, but I think we'll put up a good fight. I expect Cloete to get amongst the runs and the duo of Kennett and Hoy (if both play) to trouble the Australian batsmen. Beyond that, I can see Moerk playing a Rudolph-esque innings to guide us to a draw :cool:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think we may see Champs or Robbins return to starting XI at the expense of Colts Captain Kyle Wright. Blackman to make his first Test tour as the reserve batsmen.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Wow this going to be massive, who ever thought i might get a chance to play Australia.:D Hopefully i can make the squad and final XI, and help contribute to some competitive results. Its going to be tough for us to get a win, but if we can it could as big as te series win over Sri Lanka, maybe even bigger.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
CW XI in Australia....

Predictions:

*WACA to sack pitch curator Cam Sutherland after producing (yet another) sub-standard slow pitch.
*Alex Feeney to make the ODI squad.
*Kyle Wright's Test career over.
*Goff to excel against the Australian attack
*Hoy to lose $12,464 at the Gloucester Park trots after a bad tip off saw him back number 8 - Debt Propelled in the 5th.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i the the test side will struggle again, the CWxi had a tough time in Aus last time and i cant see it changing yet...

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
I cant see big changes to the side happening, although everyone that has posted has said atleast 1 or two changes will occur already. I think we will put in a good fight just have to see waht the results are like. The squad will be a huge thnig though, so muhc competition know.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Very confident of a good showing in this tour... We have started to really improve in Test cricket and i think we can really give the Aussies a shake..

cbuts

International Debutant
the most important thing for me, is that we continue the improving form that we have displayed in the past. and also develop that killer instinct, which we missed in the carribean

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
This will be interesting, what with pressure on the current players by Greg Thomas and Rob Dauth. Should be a great series.

ash chaulk

International Captain
i dont think that the ODI side needs any huge changes especially just before the world cup but im not a selector.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Speaking of tests...

Noteworthy statistics.

I would admittadly be incredibly disappointed if Thomas or Hancock weren't in the mix, after both of them have had two incredible seasons where they have often won games that even I admit the Colts really shouldn't have won, given the positions we were in. Which one to go for would probably depend on whether you want to sacrifice a bit of batting for a bit of bowling.

Kyle has also had a great season, though, so it will be interesting to see which of the Colts bowlers will be in the test side (I'm guessing that at least one will). Maybe all three. ;) Can't see Pickup, Kennett or Hoy going out of the attack, though. Camps will stay in the side for his batting alone, I would imagine, and obviously can be a 5th bowler because of that. I think Butler said it right when he pointed out the need for a killer instinct, and that's something that we've always had going for us at Colts when it comes to bowling. Taking wickets is Thomas' specialty - no first-team-regular in the Dev League was close to him in that regard (the closest being Hancock, then Kennett). Have to say I think most of the batsmen are safe for now, however there is definitely pressure on a couple of them.

H Mørk
T Mamesh
AP Cloete
BJ Goff
CR Butler
DA Kearsley
LA Camps
NS Hoy
GM Thomas
DM Kennett
NS Pickup

That would probably be the side I'd like to see being played (not sure on some batting positions). NR Hancock, MW Wilson, DP Richards, A Blackman, SG Fitzsimmons, PE Young, KS Wright are the other players I imagine would be in with a good shout for the squad, too.

Cloete

International Captain
Should be great. Looking forward to the tests of course. Hopefully we can put in some better performances. I'm sure our ODI team will be very competitive and perhaps come away with a series win. Halsey will go a long way to securing himself as a permanent fixture in the ODI side while Dauth should impress in his debut series if given the chance IMO...

Personally I've always done reasonably well against Austraia and hopefully I can continue that.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
hmm, interesting tour this! hope Dauth will get his call-up and good luck to you all !

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Hoping for a shot at the ODI side, given how close I was last time, and that I had another solid season with the bat.

From the Blues, Liam should be a pushover for both sides, as should Goff, and Cloete in tests. Dinu a fair chance at retaining his spot in the ODI team.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting looking at those stats, Towns, that Goff has actually been one of the solid performers. Has been unfairly criticised, I'll admit.