• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Breaking News: New CW XI Head Coach Instated

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The CWBCC is pleased to announce that the void left by the dismissal of head coach Richard Dickinson at the helm of CW Cricket has been filled. Pratyush Agarwal will receive a one-tour contract in the role. Agarwal, a former CW cricketer, will be in charge for the upcoming tour of the West Indies and will be assessed in the role for a potential long-term contract.

The move means that Niall Perkup steps down from the stand-in role and the Board would like to thank him for the good work he did with the team in this difficult transition period.

Pratyush Agarwal's Playing Credentials:
22 FC Matches
Runs: 668
Average: 19.65
HS: 57
50: 2
Wickets: 58
Average: 33.60
BB: 6/27
5w: 1
SR: 63.55
Econ: 3.17

20 List-A Matches
Runs: 105
Average: 21.00
HS: 25*
50: 0
Wickets: 26
Average: 28.81
BB: 4/31
4w: 1
SR: 35.81
Econ: 4.83

Pratyush Agarwal's Credentials:
- Bowling coach at the newly established Bahrain Cricket Academy of Cricket and Football, specializing in legspin.
- Co-founder of the Bahrain Cricket Academy of Cricket and Football.
- Coaching degree from the University of Western Australia.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Press release

I am pleased to be given the opportunity to coach CW XI. The job of a coach is to assist the captain and players to help form a better unit. CW XI is a emerging nation in world cricket. We have continued to impress in limited overs cricket but there is some thing lacking which has resulted in us not winning major trophies like the world cup and champions trophy. Our test performances have not been great.

These are the two key ends we need to improve on as a national side. I have taken a close look at our performance in the Champions Trophy as well as the performance of the A team so far in the Caribbean. The positives are definitely there and it remains to be seen how much we can build on these.

As an initiation to the job, I will be holding meetings with the board members, Mr. Camps and Mr. Varghese, our captain - Mr. Goff - collaboration with whom is of paramount importance to the success of the team and the player's representative - Mr. Garven. In these meetings a plan for the immediate and long term objective of CW XI will be discussed.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I shall reserve judgement till I see exactly what role the coach has - is he solely to deal with the squad selected or is he also a selector?

And if he is a selector, can I ask why the players weren't asked about this change in set-up?

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
I agree with marc on this one.

I once again can't really see the need for a coach, and feel it may be wasting CW's funds. Perhaps we could spend them on something better.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
What about a tiddly oggie?

Anyway, Liam, when are you posting club cricket? Get on MSN just briefly, I have something I've gotta tell you

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't right now. Am otherwise engaged. Anything you have to say can be said in front of everyone anyway (can't it? :blink: )

I didn't finish simming Club Cricket.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Can't right now. Am otherwise engaged. Anything you have to say can be said in front of everyone anyway (can't it? :blink: )

I didn't finish simming Club Cricket.
Yep. Well, just a little, insignificant detail here. But, since my average is 39.6 now, will you round it up to 40 and add on experience points for the simming average? :-O edit - this is FC by the way

:unsure:

My apologies...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
No one knows. That's the reason that the overwhelming feeling amongst the senior players is one of bewilderment.

I'd like to think that this appointment will be productive; but I'm concerned after the dismal failure (for want of a stronger word) of the position's last occupant. Let's see how he handles the pressure, and whether anything happens. I'd like a statement on the Jasotharan issue for one.

---

In fairness to Liam 7-0-45-1 is a major improvement on the 4-0-38-1 he returned in the WC...

And Dauth, 39.6 < 40. So you don't get the point!