• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL East Coast Fury Thread **

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congrats to all who made the National train on squad, especially to Hoy for picking up the VC role!!!

Whats the DP (4th column from the right) stand for on the stat sheet Blewy???

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Clapo said:
Congrats to all who made the National train on squad, especially to Hoy for picking up the VC role!!!

Whats the DP (4th column from the right) stand for on the stat sheet Blewy???
Diciplinary Points... 10 points = a 1 game suspension...

So you got sent off which is 10 points, a yellow is worth 2 points.. so when you reach 20 you will get a 2 game suspension..

Bobisback

International Regular
Blewy said:
Yeah im not sure playing Dwyer in defence against the Swell is a good idea.. Especially when we have O'Shannesy on the bench who has better tackling skill...

Im inclined to play the same team we played against the Stallions but have you in the AM position like you said..
tbh, i wouldnt play me at all, maybe off the bench, Tackling and shooting, what was i on? 10 shots and no goals isnt a good start to the season at all, but as i have said before, i will play in any position im needed.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Bobisback said:
tbh, i wouldnt play me at all, maybe off the bench, Tackling and shooting, what was i on? 10 shots and no goals isnt a good start to the season at all, but as i have said before, i will play in any position im needed.
LOL i wouldnt go that far...

As far as what were you thinking, im still wondering :p

Bobisback

International Regular
Blewy said:
LOL i wouldnt go that far...

As far as what were you thinking, im still wondering :p
Lets just say i have one of those Alcohol textas near the computer, and i have, in the past, had a sniff or two. I was sure to kick that habit before joining this club though.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Bobisback said:
Lets just say i have one of those Alcohol textas near the computer, and i have, in the past, had a sniff or two. I was sure to kick that habit before joining this club though.
Ah thats ok then, you fit in well with the rest of the Club :p

Johnners

Blewy said:
Diciplinary Points... 10 points = a 1 game suspension...

So you got sent off which is 10 points, a yellow is worth 2 points.. so when you reach 20 you will get a 2 game suspension..

haha ouch, guessing i'd better not be getting another Red anytime soon :p

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Clapo said:
haha ouch, guessing i'd better not be getting another Red anytime soon :p
No it would be greatly appreciated :p

Jardel wasnt happy with you, he was quite pleased to be on massive amounts of money to sit on the sidelines, and the thought of him stopping drinking for 90 minutes really ticked him off...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Another good game guys.. Although we couldnt get the 3 points we did a good job to get the 1... Nitin was again super, however really looks our only scoring option and with the likleyhood of him being called up on International duty getting bigger by the day we really need others to step up...

Hoy was great again, the form showing why he was picked as National VC..

Clapo also had a big game, which was good to see, making up for missing out last week...

So onto next game against Central... These guys are playing well.. they have a tight defence and a good striker.. We will need to be on our game to come away with the points...

Here is the latest data

Note: Data info looks different now as we had to remove columns so we could use the Training Facility.. The Training Facility when run will allow players to improve their skills when not on the pitch...

Suggestions on team formations and selections?? Only a couple of us getting involved and would like to get more input from other players..

Attachments

Dravid

International Captain
Let's see next game is against Central. Their record is 4 goals for 4 goals against. Tough to pick out from here. I say go with 3-5-2.

Dravid

International Captain
And one more thing, I don't notice anything different about the data. And em what are the training sessions? And how do they work?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The new data has a few columns missing, like MOM's, Fitness etc..

The Training Sessions are basically used as a stats boost... Younger players will benefit more then middle aged players, whilst older players will slowly decline due to the workload...

Johnners

I'm not so sure about playing a 3-5-2 formation Dravid. If we then have an injury, or if Smith has a blinder game, it could really come back to bite us.

IMO we should either stick with 4-3-3 or try 4-2-1-3. They've proved that their back 4 & GK is 1 of, if not the strongest combination in the league, and they key to winning will be breaking down the back-line.

I'd go 4-3-3 again, but if playing me at AM, in a 4-2-1-3 setup, would provide an extra attacking option i'd seriously consider it.

Johnners

Forgot to add, a solid game against the Swell, and we did well to keep goughy quiet for all but 2 mad mintues. We really need Dwyer & Pooja to up their games in attack as if Dravid has a quiet game, so far it seems we've got no real alternate attacking options.

Dravid

International Captain
Clapo said:
Forgot to add, a solid game against the Swell, and we did well to keep goughy quiet for all but 2 mad mintues. We really need Dwyer & Pooja to up their games in attack as if Dravid has a quiet game, so far it seems we've got no real alternate attacking options.
I seem to be a ball hog according to the commentary, and stats. If I'm selected to the national team, then other players will have their chances.

Johnners

Expecting a big performance today (the games are today right?) IMO it's a must win, to give us a little extra breathing space from the rest of the pack.

Johnners

What a fantastic win on return to the Big Stage after a few weeks of relaxation. :cool:

Dravid, Hoy & Goff were again brilliant, and we're looking a definite title chance early in the season.

The big test though will be when we'll most likely lose the above 3 for international duty.

Great Game Fella's!!! :D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah again a super performance...

Dravid has really stamped himself as the 2nd best Striker in CW IMO(Just behind Kennett) whilst Hoyboy has steered the Midfield around like a verteran..

We keep this up and we will be right there when the whips are cracking come the seasons end..

Here is the latest Data...

Attachments

Johnners

Lets Keep that winning feeling tday chaps :D a win will not only keep our 2 point buffer too 3rd spot, but it may well give us a whole game break ahead of the rest of the pack.

I'm predicting a big one from Pooja, who has improved with each game played, and i reckon that elusive 1st goal could come today :). Actually on that note, wouldn't mind that elusive 1st goal of the season proper myself :mellow:

CARN THE FURY!!! :cool: :cool: