• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL East Coast Fury Thread **

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Welcome to the Club Nesha :)

I'm not so sure about playing Dwyer down back Blewy. With his tackling at 15 it's lower than that of O'Shannesy, and it could be risky in relation to yellow/red cards.

Perhaps we could drop Fitzsimmons back to play in defence, bring me back into the Midfield, and play either with 3 strikers in Pooja, Dravid & Dwyer, or have 1 of them play as a Attacking midfielder.

So, i would probably be in favour of a line-up that looks like...

GK: Dunn
DF: Okada
DF: Goff
DF: Kearsley
DF: Fitzsimmons
MF: Markus
MF: Clapham
MF: Hoy
AM/FW: Dwyer
FW: Dravid
FW: Pooja

Resha

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hi all! Ah yay, I'm glaaaad to be here =) Hope it all goes good, and thanks for havin' me!

Dravid

International Captain
Welcome. Anyway happy with my performance in the last game. Hopefully I can keep it up in the next game.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Welcome to the club mate on a side note: im going on holiday tomorow untill early January i may be online a few time whilst on holiday but please dont declare me inactive...yet

Johnners

Blewy said:
Great game guys.. The whole team played well... Dravid was super..

We dominated the game and although we could have put more away credit has to go to the Dynamo who defended well, and with Donald making 11 saves it was tough to find the back of the net...

On a personal note im happy to finally put in a performance.. 3 Key tackles to go with an assist, im very happy with how im building up.. Our defence has been super this season, with the key part being we are actually finishing games.. If we continue to do this we will be a force all season...

Also like to make welcome the new addition to our side Resha.. With the addition of Resha to the side we now have 2 top class strikers.. This will also allow Dwyer to drop back into defence in place of O'Shannesy if we decide to stick with the same formation...

For the record heres our latest team sheet..

Im interested to get peoples thoughts on the new addition and how we should go about it tactics wise now...
Just noticed that Dwyer has only 1 post in the thread, may not have any selection dilema's due to inactivity??

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
For this next game i think we'll go with a 4-3-3 with Simon dropping back to defence in place of O'shannesy, a midfield of Clapo, Hoy and Markus, and Dravid/Pooja/Dwyer up front..

Last edited:

Johnners

Bah sent off :@ sorry guys!!

I think what it spells out more than anything is that it's probably not going to work well with me playing back in the midfield, and not up at AM due to poor tackling ability???

Great stuff from Dravid up front again!!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well guys, im happy with that result...

A draw against undoubtedly the best attacking side in the comp away from home is a good result, and even better that we did it for most of the 2nd half with only 10 men...

Anyway here is our latest team info...

Next match away to the Stallions... We cant under-estimate them... remember what they did in the Pre-season... we need to make sure we switch on and make the most of our opportunities...

Thoughts on the team with Clapo out?? We have 2 options if we stick with the 4-3-3 formation:

1/ Simon back to the midfield and O'Shannesy back to the defence
or
2/ Simon remains in Defence and Jardel comes into the midfield..

Im inclined to go for option 2, as i think Simons performance in that game in defence was really good.. however im interested on your thoughts..

Attachments

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Side for the Next game against the Stallions

GK Ryan_Dunn
DF Dave_Kearsley
DF Brendon_Goff
DF Hits_Okada
DF S_Fitzsimmons
MF Jardel
MF Nathan_Hoy
MF Ian_Markus
FW Pooja_B
FW Nitin_Dravid
FW Chris_Dwyer

GK Bjon_Hakkinon
DF P_O'Shannesy
DF Max_Jones
MF Erik_Iversen
FW Erik_de_Cler

Johnners

Great game fella's!!!!

Hoy, Dravid, Fitzy, Goff, Kears & Dunn (3 clean sheets) must surely have their names in contention for the International squad after the 1st 4 rounds.

Looking ahead at our next match though against the Swell... Formation will be vital IMO because as we've seen Goughy is a gun striker and our defence must be on song. I'm not so sure that a 4-3-3 formation would be the best for this reason.

Perhaps trying to go back to 4-1-2-1-2 could be an option ??? with Fitzy coming up to DM & Dwyer playing as DF ??? Pooja & dravid up front, and myself slotting back into AM.

Or, we could continue to attack, and play a 4-2-1-3 formation thus dropping Jardel from the MF and having myself play at AM???? It's a viable, and probably the best option IMO as our defence was great against the stallions!!

Thoughts???

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah im not sure playing Dwyer in defence against the Swell is a good idea.. Especially when we have O'Shannesy on the bench who has better tackling skill...

Im inclined to play the same team we played against the Stallions but have you in the AM position like you said..

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well guys another good win.. A tough close game, one that we needed to test our mental strength, and we came away from it well..

A super start with a goal in the opening minute and then we did what we had to to take the 3 points...

Currently sitting 2nd on the table with a tough game against the Swell next match... The Defence will have to be switched on as they are scoring some goals...

Super match by Simon with a deserved Man of the Match...

Also congrats to all who made the National Train-on Squad, well deserved, and especially to Hoy on the VC role...

Anyway here's the latest Data for the side..

Attachments