• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Future - One Days?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
First of all, I apologise for the delay in getting the recent results up - a lot of matches in a short space of time!

With the closing of the First Series after the 33rd Round, you have a chance to have a say in what you want from a second series.

An option would be to predict on One Day Internationals as well.

Another option would be to have a series prediction in Test or Series in ODI's.

Also, do people want to combine them all together or have separate score tables?

Don't be afraid to post in here any ideas.

Also, if the idea does expand, I'm likely to be looking for an extra pair of hands to help me run it - contact me by email or MSN if you're interested.

NikhilN

International Regular
I think having ODIs will be a good idea.It gets kinda boring after a while that you only have to go with Tests

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
That said, I'd prefer to predict series for ODIs. Single matches tend to be 1) very unpredictable, 2) coming back-to-back, giving little time to predict it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Glad to have some feedback - series does seem popular.

Might try and add a couple of other categories for it - any ideas?

Most 6's or something?

Most maidens?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I think OD games would be way to much to keep track of, i like the idea of Series Results..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If we include SR's I think it must include some form of limiter to prevent a bloke scoring 2 off 1 ball winning.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
No, he definitely means highest. I was under the impression that 100 runs per 100 balls was significantly better than 60...
I thought he meant for bowlers,following the most maidens comment :cool:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Well, for SR we could have that the batsman would have to score 10 x the number of games in the series, and for ER that the bowler would have to bowl 5 x the number of overs in the series.