• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Highest Test Partnership in the world

NikhilN

International Regular
It is the year 2004...India are touring West Indies for 5 tests and 3 ODIs...1st test was the test everyone in the world would remember till they lived.

West Indies came out to bat first and got off to a good start but crashed later on and were all out for 314

It was time for India to play there best innings with there highest test partnership. Opening batsman S Ramesh and W Jaffer came out to bat and didnt really get anywhere.India were 85-2 when Indias best batsman and Indias second best batsman came out on the field...Tendulkar and Dravid. If you remember Tendulkar and Dravid hold the highest ODI partnership but today they also made it the highest test partnership.Tendulkar and Dravid put up a partnership of 568 runs until Dravid was out for 260.Soon after Dravid went Tendulkar did too at 292.At the end of the innings India dec at 804/5 at the end of day four just wishing that India can bowl West Indies out on the last day.That did not happen and the match was drawn...This partnership lasted 1,765 balls

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
my best is an opening partnership of 672 runs, but thats not till 2019, i also had a big one with Hussey and Hayden once, cant remember what it was though.... not a WR i dont think (otherwise i might remember it)

DJellett

International Debutant
Sorry Guys. You all lose. I cannot get a picture (I'm at work) but I had Mark Butcher and Mark Ramprakash put on 664 for the first wicket inside the second session of day 2...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
hourn said:
568 is unreal. but 1765 balls?? 2 runs an over that is......cost you the game.

yeah i reakon, when i get partnerships going they are usually on full agression for a while and end up scoring at least 4 runs an over