• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

making an icc editor

Cottager

Cricket Spectator
hello cricket web. I've spent the last few days learning things through artmoney on how to edit the game. I think I've pretty much learnt everything. the following are on icc2006, but I'm assured that the same editing techniques would work on all versions of icc:

I can edit the following:

batting abilities
bowling abilities
names
ages
nationalities
injuries
contracts
salaries
batting preferences
bowling style
player classifications (all rounder, opener)
wicket keeper ability
bowling and batting analysis' in the form section
all batting and bowling statistics in all forms of the game (career, current and last year)

I think that's it, but there's probably other things I'm forgetting to say.

anyway, that's not to gloat of course. what I would like is to make an editor that both makes this easier for me to do, but also makes the entire icc community able to access these techniques more easily. note, this would be an editor that is for editing the game whilst you play it I think, not editing it pre-game or save-game.

BUT I have no experience making programmes, or doing anything of the sort. which is why I come to you lot, some of whom do have experience in making programmes. is there anybody that fancies a bit of a project, in collaboration with me, to make an editor for icc?

cheers
Nick

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Nick,

I don't have the time to get into building an editor - it's a very long process - but I'd hope I could give you some pointers in how to get going with it. The biggest issue is the way Artmoney works - I have no idea of the mechanism: what files do you open/edit?

Neil

Cottager

Cricket Spectator
must admit, you were the man I was hoping would reply to this (although of course I also hoped your response would be "yeah, I've got all the time in the world and the know-how too. let's get started").

I neither have the know-how nor the time really either.

with artmoney, you just open it whilst icc is open, then select the icc game itself in the art money window, and then get editing. so I suppose it's editing the cap file in a way

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
hey neil i thought u would be working on a new editor for latest icc versions after ur succes on magpie........do u know anyone who is working on any new editor.......?
apart from people working with artmoney.......

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
So Artmoney opens and edits the CAP file whilst ICC is running - are the changes then automatically integrated into your savegame?

I think that would be recreateable in a similar frontend to Magpie (Jackdaw!) - given a template of what addresses in the save file do what, then it shouldn't take too long to write... it's currently summer holidays so I'd be tempted to try something out - but it has to be simple and straightforward.

The problem is that I don't own ICC 2006 or onwards (I'm still happy with 2002) so that would be hard to test out... what is the current go with your data templates?

Cottager

Cricket Spectator
yes, the changes are integrated automatically into my savegame when I make changes in artmoney neil.

I don't seem to be able to get from working out the addresses in artmoney and what each value there does, to working out where the addresses are if I was to just open the save file in a hex editor.

but yes, I could very well tell you what all of the values do in artmoney

dsedani

Cricket Spectator
Help with ART money

Hello Gentlemen

can you show me quick guide of how to change Nationality of the player in ICC 08 - I have downloded ARTMONEY but not sure how to do it..