• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Purchasing players (ICC 2005)

Wirah

Cricket Spectator
When I first started playing this game, I completed a season on easy level to see how hard the game was. As you know at the end of the season you can purchase new players and renew existing player contracts. Strangely there was only 12 or 13 domestic players available to purchase (I didn't renew about 7 of my own players contracts!), and none of them had any reputation (hardly played any matches in there career, let alone the previous season). I was told that more players would become available to purchase as rounds went on, so I clicked on the Overseas tab and offered Tendulkar and Shane Watson contracts, then clicked continue which would bring me to the next round. I then saw only 4 domestic players available for purchase (the same ones who appeared in the first (previous) round. Two rounds later all domestic players were bought, I clicked continue until all rounds were finished, not one player was available for transfer even though ICC05 told me that more players would become available as rounds progressed. I did not continue with the second season since I was now ready to progress to normal difficulty level.

I then completed a season on normal difficulty level, the same thing happened at the end of the year. I started my first match of the 2006 season, which was against Durham, they had several new players (domestic) that were not in the team the previous year (example: Geraint Jones), all that appeared on the Domestic tab at the end of the year was about 15 players that had played about 5 matches in there career, with one or two exceptions.

How come AI teams can purchase decent players and I am only offered poor players with no experience?

Thanks.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Sometimes if you just keep hitting 'continue' until all the original players are sold you get more... well, that's how it works in ICC 2002, not sure about 2005.

Wirah

Cricket Spectator
chooka_nick said:
Sometimes if you just keep hitting 'continue' until all the original players are sold you get more... well, that's how it works in ICC 2002, not sure about 2005.
I already posted that I had done that. See below.

Wirah said:
I was told that more players would become available to purchase as rounds went on, so I clicked on the Overseas tab and offered Tendulkar and Shane Watson contracts, then clicked continue which would bring me to the next round. I then saw only 4 domestic players available for purchase (the same ones who appeared in the first (previous) round. Two rounds later all domestic players were bought, I clicked continue until all rounds were finished, not one player was available for transfer even though ICC05 told me that more players would become available as rounds progressed.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Listen. Stop whining after one season.

You do know that players sign multi-season contracts, right? And clubs in ICC usually honour these contracts, not terminate them. And there is such a thing as a "renew" contract option too, which the computer *might* choose to exercise. Just play the game, and you'll have about 25-odd players available for transfer each season by 2008 or so.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
never had any problems, managed to solve my wicket keeping dilemma by signing Andy Flower in the first close season. Now, when Gilchirst gets back from the World cup he'll have to compete with him for the gloves, though he'll play anyway, a middle order of Kallis, Flower, North, Flintoff, Gilchrist is quite mouthwatering

Wirah

Cricket Spectator
Agent TBY said:
Listen. Stop whining after one season.

You do know that players sign multi-season contracts, right? And clubs in ICC usually honour these contracts, not terminate them. And there is such a thing as a "renew" contract option too, which the computer *might* choose to exercise. Just play the game, and you'll have about 25-odd players available for transfer each season by 2008 or so.
You didn't seem to read half of my post, and please don't accuse me of whining, I was asking a simple question.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
on another note....Ive not seen any SLA bowler in the youth at start of 1st season...a lot of RMF, RM rare leggie or offie and some lm and lmf..I want a SLA bowler...tis not fair!

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
harvs said:
how do you terminate contracts??
On the screen where you renew contracts that have expired, one of the buttons along the top is "Squad" and you can terminate other contracts there.