• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ under GrahamB (ICC 2005)

Graham

3rd Umpire
chooka_nick said:
Graham, scores of about 230-250 are defendable, do you think you're missing a bowler or so?
For the first four OD matches, the bowling attack has consisted of I.O'Brien, M.Orchard, K.Mills, M.Gillespie and J.Oram. B.Walker replaced M.Gillespie for two of the matches when the wicket looked like it would favour having a spin bowler in.

Remember that we're up against the two best teams here. :) .

Graham

3rd Umpire
_Ed_ said:
Nice win in game 3 there Graham! Looks like you've got a really good ODI side, been outclassed a couple of times but you've competed really well in the other games.
Hi Ed,

usual story - lack of penetration in the bowling! Economy rates are good, but we need to take more wickets to put the opposing batting under pressure.
Thanks for the support! :)

Graham.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Fifth OD match

Another difficult pitch as can be seen by Aussie's batting effort. I was disappointed that we couldn't take this one out, but the pitch definitely played a big part.

We're playing for pride in our final hit out against England. :wacko:

Blaze

Banned
Graham said:
Hi Ed,

usual story - lack of penetration in the bowling! Economy rates are good, but we need to take more wickets to put the opposing batting under pressure.
Thanks for the support! :)

Graham.

Yet you won't even give the best strike bowler in the country a run..

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gutted, a good tour even though the results don't quite do your performances justice! Hopefully there's some easier opposition up next.

Graham

3rd Umpire
1st Test (after Day One)

After getting off to a nightmare start at 19/3, NZ recovered to be 225/4 at the close of play. 48 minutes were lost to rain. The Indian spinners H.Singh and A.Kumble both went wicketless!

Graham

3rd Umpire
1st Test (after Day 2)

India made a disastrous start losing Sehwag to the first ball of the innings! It didn't get any better as Matthew Walker sconed Tendulkar with a bouncer to put him out of the match and the tour! :) Wickets continued to tumble and at 41/4 (effectively 41/5) NZ were well on top!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Go on Graham, take an early lead in the series, really enjoying the story.

Nice century from Fulton, and you may be able to force the follow-on.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Jamee999 said:
Go on Graham, take an early lead in the series, really enjoying the story.

Nice century from Fulton, and you may be able to force the follow-on.
Cheers Jamee999 :)

Graham

3rd Umpire
1st Test (after Day 3)

The third day proved to be a bowler's paradise as 13 wickets fell! The test is in the balance with NZ holding a lead of 275 runs with just two wickets in hand! :-O

Notice that it's the Indian quicks doing the damage, not the spinners!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Graham said:
Notice that it's the Indian quicks doing the damage, not the spinners!
Very promising, especially seeing two of India's most successful spinners struggling to pick up a single wicket.

Out of interest, who won the finals in the VB Series?

Graham

3rd Umpire
Somerset said:
Very promising, especially seeing two of India's most successful spinners struggling to pick up a single wicket.

Out of interest, who won the finals in the VB Series?
Aussie defeated England 2-1 in the finals of the OD tournament.

Graham

3rd Umpire
1st Test (after Day 4)

I'm seriously beginning to get the impression that teams batting fourth have too much of an advantage factored in. I might quizz Chris Childs about this. :@

It's not looking good and I'm very frustrated about it! :nono:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Graham said:
I'm seriously beginning to get the impression that teams batting fourth have too much of an advantage factored in. I might quizz Chris Childs about this. :@

It's not looking good and I'm very frustrated about it! :nono:
That definitely would be frustrating, dominating for the first three days to see the Indians have few batting problems on the fourth. Although it might have something to with some advantage factor for the fourth side, I can't help but feel it's a combination of a weak-ish bowling attack and some superb Indian batting though.

Graham

3rd Umpire
1st Test - India win by 8 wickets

On a pitch taking uneven bounce and sharp turn, the Indians cruised to victory, seemingly untroubled by the conditions as they chased a big total.