• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Archived* Whatever you like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Just capped off an inspired comeback. The Rosebowl - a dustbowl, as you do when you have Warne and Udal in your team - was turning from ball one, and we struggled to 168 all out in the first innings, Katich grafted his way to 57 (190), my young gun opener Gratrix also hit 31 (61). They immediately got stuck into my bowlers - they were 0/82, 1/116, 2/193, 4/241, 5/269, etc., but Warne spun his web and managed to minimise the damage to a 147-run deficit.

Third ball of our second innings - Brown lbw b Sidebottom.We were 3/70 at one stage until, Katich contributed again with another solid innings of 43 (152) along with Ervine, who hit a fluent 90 (193), put on 107 for the 4th wicket. So in effect, we were 4/30. From here, we struggled, though Crawley ground out his 34 (154), and the tailed assisted, Tremlett with 17* (69) and Logan with 12 (32). 122 to win on a turning Rose Bowl... we had a slight sniff with Warne and Udal in good form, but I was pretty much resigned to losing.

Enter Warne and Udal...

Attachments

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
The year is 2013 (me = Surrey)
Surrey vs Warickshire in a county match
they set a rather nice 343 ao
Then we went on to lose Mitchell Carbury fo a quick aggresive 21 (FOW 32/1)
Jacques Rudolph came in and made a 306 run 2nd wicket partnership with Andrew Erving.
Erving went on to make 180 his top score in FC to date but was caught on the boundary by Jamie Troughton
Surrey made a massive 2 day onslaught of 920 ao Rudolph (169) Erving(180) and
Parris (137) were the main contributors
then bowled them out for 251 with only 7 minutes left in the day

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know it isn't that remarkable, but I really enjoyed this win.

South Africa were 160-1, with an unbeaten 156-run partnership between Gibbs and Kallis with both striking at over 100%, when I threw the ball to Nathan Astle.

Attachments

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Went back to ICC 2002...and managed this big partnership between Dravid and Tendulkar. Pretty good going considering Tendulkar had been in terrible form before that. Dravid's next two innings after this one were 293 and 177.

Attachments

darko21

U19 Debutant
My worst and best Twenty20 match

This match was unevenly matched at the beginning. Northamptonshire was at the bottom of the group and Somerset was at the top, undefeated. I had only one batsman and one bowler on international duty, so I liked my chances of thrashing Northants. Unfortunately 7 wickets fell for 15 runs! All-rounder Scott Underwood and bowler Kade Upton put on a 57-run partnership to give the team 86 after 20 overs.
Northamptonshire started great. Not losing any wickets til th 6th over, with the score on 39. But spinners Jack MacKinnon and Underwood slowed the pace and grabbed vital wickets. 3 overs left, 12 runs to win. MacKinnon takes out one batsman but 5 runs scored. Michael Serjeant took 2 wickets for 5 runs off his last over. The last over left to veteran Upton to prevent 2 runs from his over. He did this but...

Attachments

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Tendulkar had a nice little run of form here.....couldn't carry it into the test series against Zimbabwe that followed this pic though. 6 innings his highest score was 50....

Attachments

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I have been training Ervine in bowling so I thought, "What the hey, I'll bat down to 10" and went all out. Not as good as some scores I've seen, but I'm happy as it wasn't against a minnow (facing Gough, Adams, Tudor, Irani).

Attachments

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
It was that sort of year.
We'd make between 300-400 runs in our first dig, to which the opposition would usually get about 70-130 runs in front. we'd then have a small collapse, causing the all out defensive tactics to come into play. As these results show, it was very succesful.

The Law innings was one of the few times we went on the offensive, and even then, that was to compensate for our first innings. Electing to bat first, i decided to see how long we could bat. 2 days, 401 runs later, they finally got us all out, they batted, and then left us wit the last 2 sessions to bat. and bat we did....347 runs, in 35 overs....we had em 7 down at stumps.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.