• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Archived* Whatever you like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

squiz

U19 Debutant
Pretty good come from behind victory this is. Was sent in on a deck offering a bit to the bowlers, and was playing against a team who took my two discarded fast bowlers (one of them now English Contracted :@). Those two bowlers had me at 5/9 off 2 overs, didn't get any better when the rest of my team crumbled to 8/52, but my last three batsman stuck it out and posted a respectable total of 157 all out after 18.3 overs, my all rounder Jim Lennon and no.11 batsman Naqaash Tahir put on 80 runs for the last wicket making 48* and 41 respectively. Our bowlers did the job easily with Tahir picking up 4 wickets.

Attachments

darko21

U19 Debutant
The Best Match I Have Played... in a while

Australia were coming off a 23 run victory in the 1st Test against India. The Aussies lost the toss and had to field on a batting paradise. The bowlers couldn't get anything from the deck and that resulted in India posting 487 all out. But the pitch was still good for the Aussies and three players scored hundreds, including keeper Maurie Clinton (180) who had a 221 run partnership with paceman Andre Richardson. Australia made 781 all out. India then made a shaky start before finding the boundaries and only passed Australia's lead in the final session of day 5. Australia had to bat again. See below for the result.

Attachments

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh the pain. Pretty special innings by the big man though, it's in a test by the way, against Zimbabwe admittedly.

Attachments

pskov

International 12th Man
Worcs start with only two openers in their squad and Peters is pretty rubbish in limited overs matches. After getting fed up with him (averaging 14 in 7 OD innings), I decided to just stick whoever happened to have a very aggressive nature to open. Seemed to work alright....

Attachments

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
First time i've ever managed to get over 1000 in an innings.

Winter 2008 tour to South Africa, should've been a bowlers paradise (especially the spinners) considering the wickets were distinctly average to start with every match. Yet no one could seem to get the wickets constantly. The batsmen just had a field day.

5th Test, Vaughans 100th test, he starts scoring a fair few runs, passed 250 in a 507 run stand with Todd (a youth who came through in 2007 at my Lancs side). Decided i'm not declaring till Vaughans out, he deserves a shot at a high score....

Well at 963/5 thought no point in declaring, might aswell go on as long as i can on 6* aggression, see what i can score.

A testiment to the lazyness of Jacques Kallis. South Africa bowled 354 overs, he bowled 0 (Terbrugge did 96-14-286-6, Pollock 89-19-257-1, revenge for him become like uncle Graeme with the bat in the last 2 tests, Nel 86-18-267-0, Friend 60-1-265-0, Townsend 23-5-71-0)

Incidently that 263 is not Todds Highest score. Its the 3rd time in 12 tests he's passed 200. Managed 286 against South Africa in the summer series. Only selected him because he was given a central contract and had hit a couple of good scores at the start of the season. Wasnt plannin on bringing him through till near the end of the season, possibly the winter tour. He kaned Zimbabwe on his debut and has never looked back

Attachments

Last edited:

Dodgy

School Boy/Girl Captain
I got ICC2000 new from England, paid top dollar and me Mum bought it back for me during one of her trips.

Have recently purchased ICC2005 Ashes Edition - via ebay this time - paid under GBP10, including shipping to Auckland, NZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.