• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Cricket Bat you own

Langeveldt

Soutie
Son Of Coco said:
Looks like that one's going to Jersey!

Everyone one here seems to be sponsored too, what's going on!?
Heheh! I was caught at backward point for seven with that very ball, it was wide outside off stump, there was one over left so I took an ugly scythe.. :(

Mingster

State Regular
I got a Purist 505 today - very nice bat.

Can't wait to have a hit out with it once the shop has finished the knocking in....

Waughney

International Debutant
I have:
Gray Nicolls Millenium, great all round bat, very happy with it.
GM canon
Bradman 452*
Slazenger
35 year old custom bat
"Scoop 500" (old backyard cricket bat that had a huge chunk accidentally taken out of the back)

Coverdriver

Cricket Spectator
I have a CA Somo which i got cheap from ebay for $95. The rebound quality after 10 hours knocking in time is sensational and the sound the ball makes when it leaves the bat is loud and deep, but the bat weighs 2.12oz and it is too heavy for me.

I recently purchased a Gray Nicolls Phoenix 500 for $220 at ebay and like the look and feel of it. It is 2.6 1/2 oz which is ideal for me being similar weight and size to the Don. The heavier models have thicker edges and I think look ridiculous but mine is just right. It has been professionally pressed and had 5 hours knocking in with the mallet. I will put a bat facing on it and start using it in the nets next week. Will let you know how it goes.

By the way. One of the nicest bats i've seen on the shelves, and I have seen many is a Puma classic signature. It is what Gilly uses but it costs over $400. The new GN Powerbows look good also.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Havent bought a bat for a VERRRRRRY long time. But have bought so many in the past. Gunn & Moore's, Grey Nichols, Slazenger's, SG's, and a few hand picked one's that I went to the manufacturer's and selected, before they were labelled.

They were all very good willows but I invariably ended up going through 60-70 bats before I could decide on one :D . So the opportunity of getting one from the manufacturer directly was always great and one ended up buying at 2 of them everytime one visited them.

The Indian bat makers make bats for all the major brands so there is a huge selection available.

Dydl

International Debutant
I have only ever had 1 or 2 bats amazingly, I used the clubs and didn't see the need to buy one. I often had to take the kit home so in practise I again used the clubs.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
deeps said:
speaking of which, i was talking to the master bat maker for gray nicholls today. He is in perth for a few days, and was watching him make a few bats.

I had a lift of the exact same bat matty hayden uses.. and i was amazed at the light pickup on it. weighs 2 pounds 11 ounces, and feels like a 2 pound 8 ounce bat. and he explained that it's actually the distribution of weight that makes it feel like a light or heavy bat. He showed me one that weighed in at 2 pounds 6 ounces, yet felt like close to 3 pounds.

These are specifically for indian pitches (hence indian bats feel heavier), and hence the middle is lower. So all the talk about hayden using a heavy bat etc. Let me tell you,it feels like a 2 pound 8 ounce bat

just thought some of you would like to know :P
You would have met Stuart GN master bat maker? Yeah I met him too, champ, when I bought my GN Gladius Pro performance. Even though Im nowhere near as strong as matty lol, I got the same specification as he does, 2 pound 11 but picks up light as a feather. Of course Matt has that awesome willow that only the First Class players get offered but the weight balance is incredible. I rate GN, they are for real.

square cutter

Cricket Spectator
I have had 3 bats since i started playing. I recently got a gray nicholls hayden 380 phoenix and it is awesome. I would recommend GN bats over any bat