• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

To all Cricketweb members (opinion)

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
Neil_Pickup : as a mod learn to practise some self restraint. THis is atleast the 3rd time you used the word deluded indian fans in the past week. I can use the word deluded to point to some aussie and newzee fans too..
It was being used to bracket a group of supporters, hence the use of the quotes around it. I was also following on from its use by masterblaster in the first post. Nothing unrestrained there.

As for Tim, the key word is majority. It seems like about 6 out of 10 fall into "this" category (I can't find any word for it that fits without stirring, so I'll just use "this"..) - that's a majority. There are quite clearly those who are rational, and yes, there are a few deluded Aussies/NZ. If you'd been here about two months ago, we have banned Aussies for abuse (especially of Muralitharan..)

Wasnt nitpicking bud...just wanted to point out that words like that can lead to more offensive replies....
cheers

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well said Masterblaster - we've had numerous discussions over the past year or so about the relative merits of England and India, but we've never let it get out of hand, and we've respected the opposing point of view.

For one who I know to be so passionate about your country, I'm glad to see you can be objective and balanced in the midst of this onslaught!

(It may not seem an onslaught to you lot, but you don't have to catch up 3 and a half weeks' posts in one sitting!)

anzac

International Debutant
well done to everyone - including the "deluded' posts from all supporters.

So long as they do not degenerate into personal attacks against anyone then I am all for controversy and debate that gets the blood flowing - after all this is what happens on the field re umpiring decisions and the like - it wouldn't be cricket without it.

Abuse in any shape or form should never be tolerated under any circumstances.

this is what sport is all about folks - emotion. so long as we do not get to the stage of 3rd world football nations who have gone to war over a result then no blood no foul.

people should be getting excited when their team is doing well - other wise we may as well be watching paint dry!!!

At other times people just need to let off steam & just can't help themselves from putting their foot in mouth b4 engaging brain, but they should have the good grace to come back later and put their hands up in recognition of this.

people are to be encouraged to express their opinion & the rest of us should be a bit more tolerant and thicker skinned - what goes around comes around.

It is usually pretty easy to determine the bona fides of any post - whether it is backed up by any logical arguement & if they can reply to any constructive criticism. If so well and good - this is what good debate is all about. If not they can be dismissed by either ignoring it or letting them know the error of their ways (in the nicest possible way).

Policing of the site should be left to the administrators to let us know when things are getting out of hand.

Bottom line we should never forget that although we are all individuals from different language, cultural, religious and political backgrounds, we are all united by our love of the game.

:)