• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why is Vaughan Practically Useless In One Dayers

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
steds said:
Mr. Vaughan seems to do well enough playing for Yorkshire against Lancashire in the C&G trophy :dry:
He does well in red-ball one-dayers full-stop - his red-ball one-day average is apparently over 40!
Sadly for him, though, the last red-ball one-day competition left in List-A Limited-Overs has now gone.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
Mr. Vaughan seems to do well enough playing for Yorkshire against Lancashire in the C&G trophy :dry:
Quite, never looked like getting out that day, and i nearly got taken out by a six over square leg.

twctopcat

International Regular
Richard said:
Please don't pretend this Zimbabwe stuff means much.
Was just seeing how long it would take for you to jump down my throat. Very restrained, well done!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
twctopcat said:
Was just seeing how long it would take for you to jump down my throat. Very restrained, well done!
Lol!

Funny thing about Vaughan is everytime he comes out to bat I expect him to score, forgetting about his lack of success in the limited overs game. I agree with those that believe he doesn't take enough singles. In the test game, you can hit a scorching cover drive (as he loves to do) and it'll fly to the boundary for 4. In the limited overs game, he'll hit the same shot and it'll go straight to the packed offside field, or fly to the boundary where this is almost always a sweeper following the 15 overs.

Link

State Vice-Captain
As the proud member of the all time Vaughan admiration unit I declare Vaughan to be far from useless in the ODI game. As his actions over the last week have proved. :cool:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Link said:
As the proud member of the all time Vaughan admiration unit I declare Vaughan to be far from useless in the ODI game. As his actions over the last week have proved. :cool:
Against all the might Zimbabwe can muster. That Prosper Utseya must have really challenged him for his wicket. 8-)

Mr Mxyzptlk

twctopcat said:
Take a joke.
What shall I do with it? Whether or not he was joking (and I most certainly was smiling when I typed that post) it's a fact that people will and are overhyping Vaughan's scores against Zimbabwe. Until he does it consistently against class opposition, he's still a liability in the side.

twctopcat

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
What shall I do with it? Whether or not he was joking (and I most certainly was smiling when I typed that post) it's a fact that people will and are overhyping Vaughan's scores against Zimbabwe. Until he does it consistently against class opposition, he's still a liability in the side.
We all know that it won't count for anything, just that a lot of people seem to take the bait as soon as anything pro vaughan in ODI's is said, like it's some sort of taboo. I just knew there was a sniping comment round the corner as soon as Link made his comment.

Mr Mxyzptlk

twctopcat said:
We all know that it won't count for anything, just that a lot of people seem to take the bait as soon as anything pro vaughan in ODI's is said, like it's some sort of taboo. I just knew there was a sniping comment round the corner as soon as Link made his comment.
As I thought I'd indicated in my last post, it wasn't a comment directed at Link or you for that matter. I don't think you've the right to speak for all cricket followers in the world, and I was referring to several people who I know. The world does exist outside of CW.

The tone of this message is not as annoyed as it sound. Just indifferent. :mellow:

twctopcat

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
As I thought I'd indicated in my last post, it wasn't a comment directed at Link or you for that matter. I don't think you've the right to speak for all cricket followers in the world, and I was referring to several people who I know. The world does exist outside of CW.

The tone of this message is not as annoyed as it sound. Just indifferent. :mellow:
Fair enough, just you quoting him implied to me that you were referring to his pro Vaughan stance. And to be fair you're point was probably aimed at CW members, who are the people who read this.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Against all the might Zimbabwe can muster. That Prosper Utseya must have really challenged him for his wicket. 8-)
At least he made scoring runs harder than Panyangara, Chigumbura, Mpofu and Hondo do!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
It's Gough's only hope of survival IMO.
As you know perfectly well it'll count for nothing if he bowls poorly against South Africa.
However, given that it has not justified the prejudices some were hoping it might, they have to resort to pretending it was worse than it actually was.