• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Teams you support in order

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
1. India- Ahh Motherland!!!

2. New Zealand- If anyone's going to overthrow Australia as the best one-day side, it's these guys (Assuming Styris and Oram are in the team and Fleming is captain)

3. Pakistan/Sri Lanka- Two teams with brilliant talent as well as inconsistency to go with it (Same with India but can't diss my own country)

4. South Africa- They're a very exciting bunch (as far as one-days are concerned)
cuz it's not a very experienced team.

-don't really support anyone else except when the Ashes start, I'll become a big England fan just to see the Aussies losing- it's a beautiful sight that only comes once in a few years. Kind of like waiting for an eclipse :D .

Last edited:

Blaze

Banned
John Laws CBE said:
Mr Blaze,
There is a time and place for ignorant, pointless, uninformed dribble of the kind you just posted, and that is on my pathetic rival, Alan Jones' talkback show.
Regards
John Laws CBE
Wow you are going to look back on this time of your life and think why did I do that, I was such a loser

Mr Blaze,
If you are of the opinion that I (or indeed anyone) would look back on a life dedicated to radio broadcasting and striving to gain and ultimately recieving recognition as the best in the business as being that of a loser then im afraid you are beyond help. Schemes such as work for the dole, designed primarily to provide skills to the umemployed and to get them striving to achieve are clearly not working when someone calls someone else a loser for being so successful in their chosen vocation.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
John Laws CBE said:
Mr Retox,
I will be more than happy to promote cricket web on my show IF im paid an appropriate fee. Please refer any inquiries RE cash for my comments to the email address found on my website.
Regards
John Laws CBE

Hahha.... Just give this gay ass gimmick up.

Retox said:
Hahha.... Just give this gay ass gimmick up.
Retox,
Please refrain from making anti-homosexual comments. I believe its against the forum rules. If you do not stop this form of descrimination i will make a formal complaint and notify media watch of your activities.
Regards
John Laws CBE

Buddhmaster

International Captain
1. Australia
2. West Indies
3. Sri Lanka
4. New Zealand
5. South Africa
6. Pakistan
7. Bangladesh
8. Zimbabwe
9. India
10. England

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
John Laws CBE said:
Retox,
Please refrain from making anti-homosexual comments. I believe its against the forum rules. If you do not stop this form of descrimination i will make a formal complaint and notify media watch of your activities.
Regards
John Laws CBE
HAHAHAHA!

You're a fine one for speaking out against homophobia. 8-)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Is there any chance of people acting like they've left primary school, or are we going to be continually subjected to the same generic innuendo and put-downs?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India
West Indies
Pakistan
South Africa
Sri Lanka
New Zealand
Bangladesh
England

Australia

(I don't support the current Zimbabwe team at all)

Australia last simply because I usually am anti-supportive of a team which is dominating their sport. I admire their brilliance, but at the same time cheer for the opposition, as its nice seeing a team so dominant lose once in a while. That's extremely hard to do in cricket since I'm born and live in Australia, but I just can't support Australia vs. New Zealand when its expected Australia will win. I guess the desire for the underdog to win lies in myself as well. If another team take the mantle off Australia and start dominating cricket (other than India obviously) I'll support any team that comes up against them. In the last few years I've usually supported any team that came against the Brisbane Lions in AFL (except Essendon :happy: ), and I do the same for cricket. I don't do it in tennis though because Federer is so awesome, but I did do it when Sampras was dominant back in the 90s.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England
<yawning gap>
WI
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
Pakistan
<yawning gap>
Australia
NZ
South Africa
India

Put Zimbabwe where-ever you like.

LongHopCassidy said:
HAHAHAHA!

You're a fine one for speaking out against homophobia. 8-)
Mr Cassidy,
As you would know if you bothered to follow current events, I have been sanctioned for my past comments and have served my sentence which happened to include an appology to all the pillow biters of the world. However, we are not discussing the on-air comments of J.Laws, we are discussing the rules of this forum and as such i must urge you to help inforce the rules regarding discrimination against minority groups.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pinkline Jones said:
but when you start venomous and unwarranted attacks on your cyber superiors who also happen to be highly dignified and respected icons then I have no choice but to do something about it.
If you lot actually were my cyber-superiors I'd be ashamed of myself.
By the way, beware of abuse of the report-post function; they don't take kindly to people crying wolf.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pinkline Jones said:
These people who you rudely rudely criticise have been involved in the game of cricket at top level for many years. What's your exact qualification besides being the typical front-seated tiddletat class ponce?
Nothing aside from that - it's not possible to have asides from something you don't have in the first place.
Instead of that, it's watching cricket with a greater intensity than almost anyone, with a few exceptions.
"Astounded" - Richard you haven't got the brains to be astounded. Get your hand off the gearstick.
And you talk about unwarranted attacks... believe me, I know far more about your lack of superiority than you will ever know about my intelligence.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pinkline Jones said:
When you mention my good name it is "Dear Mr Jones".
Not when I'm speaking it ain't.
If you persist with your disobedient and rancorous attack on my good person and against the good names of some of the most intelligent people you would ever hope to meet in cyberspace i.e. Ray Hadley, John Laws CBE, and Belford, I will be referring the matter to the Moderator.
Like I say - beware of shouting fire.
If you really expect anyone to take you seriously, and regard you lot as cyber superiors to anyone, then you've got another thing coming.
when you're spewing up last night's kebab on your neighbour's front lawn?
Never touched kebabs and never been sick anywhere except a bucket, and only once in the last 12 years.
It is not up to YOU to determine the boundaries on this forum you twit so please desist
No, but I do know what they are.