• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Injury Prone

Waughney

International Debutant
Who are the most injury prone cricketers?
We all know that bowlers and in particular fast bowlers have the highest frequency of injuries, but who is the most injury prone batsman, all rounder, umpire :p

Gillespie has to be up there for the bowlers.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hard to go past Cairns for all-rounder, he has missed more tests since his debut than he has played.

Sudeep

International Captain
You can't exclude Zaheer and Nehra's names while talking about injuries, it's definitely their trademark...

Loony BoB

International Captain
New Zealand fast, fast-medium or medium-fast bowlers in general have a habit of getting injured. Cairns was easily the first person to come to mind when I read the thread title, too. Imagine what kind of stats he'd have with regards to runs/wickets if he'd actually played every game he was out injured for...

DocHead

School Boy/Girl Captain
Mfuneko Ngam, if ever there was someone who needed to up his milk intake, it's him. Bones more delicate than fine China.

Brettrick Shultz

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No-one, and I mean no-one, will ever be as injury-pone as Bruce Reid. Neil Foster came close but geez, his back troubles were the stuff of legends..............and MANY bar-room jokes. :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Richard Johnson, Andrew Caddick, Darren Gough, Jason Gillespie for the bowlers (plus any Somerset bowler of the past year or two), and Nasser Hussain when he played and Graeme Thorpe for all their broken fingers!! Trescothick too, he's had a few.

Alex Tudor is a great unfulfilled talent because of injuries as well, I feel.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Doc, what happened to Brett? I seemed to remember he was quite a talent...

Chew has no bones, he runs in like fine jelly in quicksand...

Honorable mentions : Dion Nash, Geoff Allott, Matt Bulbeck

sportychic33

State 12th Man
The overall award for the most injury proned players has to go to NZ. Shane Bond, Dion Nash, Chris Cairns, Simon Doull . . to name a few

steds

Hall of Fame Member
James Riley said:
Richard Johnson of England / Somerset
Has a great bowling average of 17 at test level!
Come on! He's only played against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
shane bond, but my personal "favourite" is mashrafe mortaza!! where is that guy?!? he looked very promising...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Chris Cairns & Dion Nash were incredibly quick bowlers until they had severe back injuries. NZ could have actually had a very fast pace attack during the late 90's, but not to be.