Cricket Player Manager

Thread: Ricky Ponting Interview

Cricket Web Staff Member

Icon14 Ricky Ponting Interview

I interviewed Ricky Ponting during his recent spell at Somerset and it is in this month's Wisden for anyone interested. The full version of the interview (during which he discusses the forthcoming India series, the Ashes and his thoughts on Australia's progress) is available on my website Southwestcricket.com:

http://www.southwestcricket.com/head...headlineID=129

John Fuller

International Vice-Captain
    Awesome interview mate. He gave very good clear answers. Certainly makes me happier.

Cheers from a Ponting fan.

U19 Debutant
    "The last thing we want in this team now is to have McGrath, Warne, Lehmann, Hayden, possibly Gilchrist, possibly Martyn, those sort of guys all going out of the side at one time and leaving a big hole there"

does anyone think they wont rebuild properly and the aussie team will wind up like the windies at the moment somewhere down the line?
    Best batsman = Rahul Dravid
    Best bowler = Muttiah Muralitharan

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    It is possible - and another possible problem could hit India if they're not careful.

Fortunately for England, Nasser went at that moment - allowing a younger player to come in.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    It is possible - and another possible problem could hit India if they're not careful.

Fortunately for England, Nasser went at that moment - allowing a younger player to come in.
    i think india has quite a bit of young talent still in there team, say by 2007, irfan, yuvraj, sehwag, balaji, kaif and nehra are still playing in the squad, with maybe wonderboy dinesh karthik in the 11 as well keeping wickets. out of the big four batsmen (SRT, dravid, VVS, SCG) i see SCG retiring before then, SRT would probably continue and dravid may still be there.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I guess the only worry India have would be all 4 going in the space of say 12 months.

They need to hope that players fade in turn - maybe a run of defeats may lead to Ganguly's removal as captain (and then the team in quick succession)

That brings Yuvraj into the middle order and a proper opener, and then the rebuilding process has started...

Thread Information