• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bob Woolmer as a Pakistan Coach ?

Bob Woolmer as a coach of Pakistan?

• Going to Make Pakistan, a top team Again ?

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Same old ?

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Marginal positive change ?

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Pakistani performance is gonna be worse?

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

FRAZ

International Captain
What you guys think about the appointment of Bob woolmer as the Coach of Pakistan team . Is it a good decision or a wastage of money .

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Too early to say. It seemed from the Asia Cup that there were no immediate improvements.

FRAZ

International Captain
Sehwag309 said:
I still feel javed was better
Javed was good but he could'nt help making Pakistani pitches good favouring the Pakistani bowlers . Pakistani pitches are the worst in the world , remember what Lilly said about Faisalabad pitch , " Make my grave here ". But I guess his replacment is also good and I guess even better .
What you need is a good talented team a great coach backed by a good captain . Every thing is there except the captain.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We've seen with Wright and Whatmore that subcontinental teams tend to be better when coached by foreigners. We even saw it with Pybus and the other guy for a short time.
If Bob Woolmer, who is proven class as a coach, gets the authority he needs I'll be surprised if Pakistan don't become consistently good for a length of time they've rarely seen.

FRAZ

International Captain
According to Imran Khan , Coaches are not very important but still they should be there to do atleast some thing . Captain in my view is the most influencial thing in a team . Look at the example of Ganguly that he has average bowling and fealding resources but he knows how to extract 200% out of his bowlers . On the other hand Inzamam is just a dumb clown , LOok at the mistake he made during The latest Kiwis series . Pathetic , Aint it . Any ways time is the judge and Bob Woolmer along with Dave Watmore are among the best knowledgable persons in the world and lets see . In Asia cup the experiment done by Woolmer regarding sending Shoaib Malik at no 3 was a great idea which paid off but unfortunately Pakistan was eliminated earlier other wise I guess Pakistan was gonna win ..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FRAZ said:
According to Imran Khan , Coaches are not very important but still they should be there to do atleast some thing .
Older players often have that mistaken view.
The great Sir Garfield himself mistrusted coaches and never needed them.
The West Indies teams of the '70s didn't need coaches.
Coaches have only come into prominence very recently, relatively speaking, but nowadays if you don't have a decent coach you won't get very far.

FRAZ

International Captain
Richard said:
Older players often have that mistaken view.
The great Sir Garfield himself mistrusted coaches and never needed them.
The West Indies teams of the '70s didn't need coaches.
Coaches have only come into prominence very recently, relatively speaking, but nowadays if you don't have a decent coach you won't get very far.
The thing is the attitude of the team and knowing the conditions on which they are gonna play . getting the knowledge about the opponent is ery important . 1992 WC is'nt that old . Yes offcourse Coaches are important but the importance of a team captain is more than a coach . For example if India has Inzamam as a captain then lets see , what is going to be the result . they are gonna be among the bottom 2 very soon .So that was my point that What can Bob Woolmer should do and what is going to be the result of his appointment , If he wants to be successful then he should have atleast some authority to fire or hire any player .

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Certainly a good move.. he will bring in new ideas etc.. which has to be a good positive move..
anyway the results in Asia cup are too early to predict things anyway..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FRAZ said:
The thing is the attitude of the team and knowing the conditions on which they are gonna play . getting the knowledge about the opponent is ery important . 1992 WC is'nt that old . Yes offcourse Coaches are important but the importance of a team captain is more than a coach . For example if India has Inzamam as a captain then lets see , what is going to be the result . they are gonna be among the bottom 2 very soon .So that was my point that What can Bob Woolmer should do and what is going to be the result of his appointment , If he wants to be successful then he should have atleast some authority to fire or hire any player .
I don't agree that a good captain is more important than a good coach.
If you're going to be successful a coach who can inspire players and a tactically astute captain is the biggest neccesity.
With India it's almost the other way around but it's still worked a treat thus far.