• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NEW PWC Ratings

Deja moo

International Captain
masterblaster said:
Yeah, he has the best technique in the Indian side, if not in the world.

Dravid's averaging around 58 now and Tendulkar 57, so its a close call.
But Dravid averages over 60 overseas and Im sure Tendulkar averages like 65 at home.

Tendulkar averages more abroad than at home .

Boycott made a similar statement a couple of years ago , and was embarrassed when a statistician gave him the real picture .

Raj123

U19 Debutant
Deja moo said:
Tendulkar averages more abroad than at home .

Boycott made a similar statement a couple of years ago , and was embarrassed when a statistician gave him the real picture .
not true. sachin does have a smaller avg. abroad.

gio

U19 Cricketer
Craig said:
So what you are saying it will be better (or more accurate) over time?
until you have a hundred wickets, your rating is signifiacntly less than it would be if you had taken 100 wickets. Harmy currenty stands at 87 i think.

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
I thought Harmison would have dropped considerably after only taking two wickets against one of the weakest sides in test cricket. I realise their batting is better than their bowling but is shaky - to say the least - when Lara fails.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: lessening of ratings - significantly gets less significant as he gets closer to 100.

So Giles' rise up the list is more to do with a superb game than passing 100.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Will Scarlet said:
I thought Harmison would have dropped considerably after only taking two wickets against one of the weakest sides in test cricket. I realise their batting is better than their bowling but is shaky - to say the least - when Lara fails.
The mere fact Lara is in the team raises the batting level of the team.

Added to that the fact it was a high scoring game, and he won't lose many points.