• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Series ever ....

Langeveldt

Soutie
1998 summer - England v South Africa...

Gough, Stewart, Donald going mental at Atherton, Cronje, Jonty, Gazza, Nasser.. The works

Watching that series got me into cricket in the first place I guess....

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
>> You saw the 1902 series? Wow...

The question was only about the best series, not about the best series that we saw :)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Keep in mind I haven't seen enough cricket to give a decent opinion, but from what I have seen (oh, God, let alone what I remember...)

SA vs. NZ vs Aussie in the VB series and WC1999 - Which is almost 100% because of THAT semi-final. :(
England vs. NZ just recently - You could never really tell who was going to win until the last day of each match.

...wow, my memory sure does suck.

PY

International Coach
Loony BoB said:
England vs. NZ just recently - You could never really tell who was going to win until the last day of each match.
Even the last Test?? ;)

1981 for me. :)

Slow Love™

International Captain
Apart from the obvious 200-1 India v Australia series (the recent series was nowhere near the quality, and I don't know why people elevate it so), and sticking to series I've actually followed closely, I agree with Revelation - the 1999 Waugh vs Lara series was fantastic to watch. A one man crusade against the best team in the world - and an incredible transition from absolutely down and out to a position where the Aussies had to fight to draw the series.

As for tests, the second test between Australia and South Africa at Port Elizabeth in '97 wasn't half bad.