• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Zimbabwe tour of Bangladesh Feb 2020

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, Zimbabwe did really well there. Thought they were toast after Raza fell, but I never realised Tiripano was such a big hitter.

Still, another well-deserved win for BD. Taijul looks the goods in ODIs, hopefully he remains in the setup.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tiripano's batting has improved tenfold over the last couple of years but I definitely didn't think he had that sort of power and ability to tee off. A Test ton seemed a lot more likely to me than that. It really gives him a leg up on the other medium pacers of a similar standard to him given they don't really bat at all.

The best thing from a Zimbabwe perspective though has been how unphased Madhevere has seemed by the step up from the U19 WC to this. It's been a while since someone new came into the setup and didn't look a two or three classes below the established players at first (or even like... at all), and he's only 19.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Rabada was the last one I think.
Nah I just meant for Zimbabwe, and any new players at all coming in rather than specifically from the U19WC. Zimbabwe haven't really had a debutant look even decent in his first series or two for years (other than Muzarabani who quickly left for England); the squad has just been getting older with no improvement.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Oh ok. I Have not seen this series and was assuming this player was taking to international cricket like Rabada did. My bad. :)

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Mashrafe announced that tomorrow will be his last game as captain. As the situation stands, I don’t think he can play for bd as player only anymore. Should have retired after the 2019 world cup. Anyways he’s the best BD captain ever and imo one of the best in ODIs. Turned the team around when the heads were down after the 2015 world cup. Trying to get a ticket for the match to watch him for one last time leading the team up front.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure why bcb had to schedule all three matches in sylhet

Zimbabwe winning the toss and bowling first is a bit surprising