• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Silent Draft

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Also, I'm assuming the maximum bid is $999990 for any one player?
Yes, from now on please go by the rule (which I should have stated at the start) that all bids must be a whole number of dollars.

We can either have a rule that you must leave yourself at least $1 for each gap in your team; or I could just assign unimpressive free players to anyone who bids $1,000,000 without a complete XI.

That's a good question regarding ties - any suggestions from anyone? (With all Round 1 bids in, there were no ties for highest bid for any of the XI). Some options that spring to mind are:
- Nobody gets that player
- I roll a dice to decide who gets that player
- Both/all tying bidders get that player
- Both/all tying bidders (assuming their total bid isn't $1,000,000) get the option to increase their bid.

AndrewB

I think that makes sense.

Successful first round bids:

honestbharani: Don Bradman ($300,000), Shane Warne ($100,000).
mr_mister: Jack Hobbs ($213,000), Len Hutton ($213,000), Sydney Barnes ($122,000)
milenko47: Garry Sobers ($210,000), Adam Gilchrist ($190,000)
ankitj: Sachin Tendulkar ($212,004), Steve Smith ($163,017), Malcolm Marshall ($213,189), Glenn McGrath ($217,006)

Red Hill, stephen: No successful bids.

Please say asap if you think there are any errors above.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Man, Bradman went cheap. I thought someone will go full monty for him and didn't bother.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
:laugh: I am happy to have gotten these two, but now I have to get 9 players for like 600K. :laugh:

Ankit wins the round but now he only has like 200K. Milenko got Sobers and Gilchrist for the same price I got Don and Warney. Like to think I won that one, though his lower middle order is SET.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Man, Bradman went cheap. I thought someone will go full monty for him and didn't bother.
Bradman did go cheap. Probably should - and would - have gone for $400k+ if it wasn't first round and/or the other options weren't all ATG legends. My strategy was pretty awful for this round TBH.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: I am happy to have gotten these two, but now I have to get 9 players for like 600K. :laugh:

Ankit wins the round but now he only has like 200K. Milenko got Sobers and Gilchrist for the same price I got Don and Warney. Like to think I won that one, though his lower middle order is SET.
I was counting on not winning that many bids. I am down to $194,784 now.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah the concept is a bit of a double edged sword that way, when you end up winning your high priced ones but not getting any low priced ones, you paint yourself into a corner.

AndrewB

OK, here's the Round 2 XI - there weren't many all-rounders available in Round 1, so to make up for it:

Vinoo Mankad
Farokh Engineer+
Jacques Kallis
Aubrey Faulkner
Keith Miller
Shakib Al Hasan
Ian Botham
Imran Khan
Mike Procter
Kapil Dev
Richard Hadlee