• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2020

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Especially in tests, going back a while.

Neesh-CDG-Blundell-Mitchell-Somers-Ajaz

There's no real 1-5 test big failures that form a rough quarter of all test players. A testament to the selection policy employed; while we often disagree with it, it does have its benefits.
Yes but we're also reluctant to change quickly enough. Way too conservative and fearful of moving players on if they are not performing consistently for way too long. I'd give credit to the staff working with the winter squad and A squad. They are doing a wonderful job.

nzfan

Actually I forgot about Mitchell. There was no need for Southee to bowl 4.
At least he could have bowled out by the 17th or the 18th rather than take upon himself to bowl the last over knowing fully well he's not good at bowling at death. The last two super overs haven't helped him either.

I think the surface is good and we should get there today without any drams. If we get there with 2-3 overs to spare then we have learned from our previous experiences but if we take it to the last over then we have learnt bugger all.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Despite the series score line of 4-0, India's batting has been under par. I think the approach of playing 6 bowling options is hurting batting. And even bowling I'd say.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member

There's no real 1-5 test big failures that form a rough quarter of all test players. A testament to the selection policy employed; while we often disagree with it, it does have its benefits.
Add Nicholls to that list too.

Raval was adequate as well.

The Hutt Rec

I’d say it’s more of a sign that we should give more opportunities to players when faced with Blackcaps players repeatedly underperforming.

nzfan

I'm hoping we're going after it from the very first over, can't sit back and let India dictate the chase. We have to shred this safe mentality.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Number of run outs India has affected in the series and number of run out chances NZ has bungled may well be the difference between the series outcome.