• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Women's T20 World Cup 2020

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Starts in about 5 weeks and squads are being announced. Here are some of the big guns.

Australia:
Meg Lanning (Victoria) — Captain
Rachael Haynes (New South Wales) — Vice-captain
Erin Burns (New South Wales)
Nicola Carey (Tasmania)
Ashleigh Gardner (New South Wales)
Alyssa Healy (New South Wales)
Jess Jonassen (Queensland)
Delissa Kimmince (Queensland)
Sophie Molineux (Victoria)
Beth Mooney (Queensland)
Ellyse Perry (Victoria)
Megan Schutt (South Australia)
Annabel Sutherland (Victoria)
Tayla Vlaeminck (Victoria)
Georgia Wareham (Victoria)

New Zealand
Sophie Devine (c), Suzie Bates, Bernadine Bezuidenhout (wk), Lauren Down, Maddy Green, Holly Huddleston, Hayley Jensen, Leigh Kasperek, Amelia Kerr, Jess Kerr, Rosemary Mair, Katey Martin, Katie Perkins, Anna Peterson, Rachel Priest (wk)

India
Harmanpreet Kaur (captain), Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodriguez, Harleen Deol, Deepti Sharma, Veda Krishnamurthy, Richa Ghosh, Tania Bhatia, Poonam Yadav, Radha Yadav, Rajeshwari Gaikwad, Shikha Pandey, Pooja Vastrakar, Arundhati Reddy

South Africa
1 Dane Van Niekerk © Eastern Province, 2 Laura Wolvaardt Western Province, 3 Lizelle Lee North West, 4 Mignon Du Preez Northerns, 5 Marizanne Kapp Eastern Province, 6 Sune Luus Northerns, 7 Chloe Tryon (v/c) KZN Coastal, 8 Shabnim Ismail KZN Coastal, 9 Ayabonga Khaka Gauteng, 10 Masabata Klaas North West, 11 Tumi Sekhukhune North West, 12 Trisha Chetty KZN Coastal, 13 Nonkululeko Mlaba KZN Coastal, 14 Nadine De Klerk Western Province, 15 Nondumiso Shangase KZN Coastal

Havent noticed Englands team or the Windies yet.

Cant believe Thailand made it.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It'll be interesting to see how Devine goes as captain. I feel like she might be the sort of player who will thrive in that role.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Only way SL can win is if there excellent opener goes ballistic. She is sooo much better than her peers.

The Aussie squad is interesting. Kimmince is the one that I always find intriging as I dont feel as though she stars at all in an excellent Heat team who have been champs 2 years in a row. For instance I think Sammy Jo and Grace Harris are more important to that team (besides Aus players Mooney and Jonassen)

If im picking our XI I have 9 locks:
Healy Mooney Lanning Perry Gardner Haynes Jonassen Schutt and Vlaeminck.

I think Sutherland and Carey are squad fillers. That leaves
Molineux and Wareham battling it out with Burns and Kimmince for the final 2 spots.

I did just say id pick Wareham but she was clearly outbowled by Strano in WBBL and is a bit of a concern (great fielder though).

_Ed_

Yeah, why is Strano not there? She was excellent in the WBBL. Wellington maybe another one who's a bit unlucky to miss out?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I find it tough to answer. All I can say is that Strano doesnt look as threatning, but she really is accurate.

Wareham is dangerous, maybe in a lineup with lots of bowling options, they figure the better fielder, batter and girl who can spin it a bit is a big enough point of difference.

I love Wellingtons action but I was less surprised that she missed out.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
might be worth noting that has picked up yet that squad filler (© Nufan) Sutherland is the daughter of CA bobo (and Brad McNamara mate?) Sutherland, as noted here

good old practices being carried through then

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha yeah its known in Oz Cricket as she is also the brother of Will who is promising (but isnt doing well in BBL).

She is only young. She will get chances but at full strength I think she isnt a realistic chance of a spot.

Howe_zat

Audio File
England have also picked their squad, only one suspiciously RSA name (Villiers) and she's even Essex-born they say

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/51150751
Probably an example of the next-gen South Africans whose parents came over in big numbers in the 90s. Will probably be quite a few cricketers/rugby players coming through with a similar background in the next few years, which will probably take some getting used to by the the 'all the England players were born in SA' crowd.

_Ed_

worrying signs for England and New Zealand
So much better from NZ today in the first T20, admittedly against a depleted SA team.

I think (hope) the Ferns have been playing so much T20 over the last few months that they were just extremely rusty in their approach to 50-over cricket during that series. I'll stick with that theory for now, anyway. It was like they were a completely different team today, which was great to see.

_Ed_

The Ferns were pretty outstanding again today. Brilliant with the ball and in the field (barring one bad drop), and a comfortable chase despite needlessly throwing away a few wickets near the end.

Now they've gone and got my hopes up - that never ends well with NZ cricket teams at World Cups. :(

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Harmanpreet Kaur lifting the trophy will be so amazing. Love her swagger and attitude.

cnerd123

likes this
The Ferns were pretty outstanding again today. Brilliant with the ball and in the field (barring one bad drop), and a comfortable chase despite needlessly throwing away a few wickets near the end.

Now they've gone and got my hopes up - that never ends well with NZ cricket teams at World Cups. :(
Imagine if they lose in the super over too.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator

Tryon getting her ducks out of the way to hit 60 (32) in the World Cup I see