• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India ODIs 2019/20

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I guess I am just a fan of anything that breaks up the utter predictability of this format.
I'm with you. I also think Howe's analysis is short-sighted and not entirely accurate. A batter like Starc is ideal for the role, and while he may not be as good at slogging as Carey or Turner, he has a freedom that they don't have. Starc can just go ham and could easily get a 20 (11) or even more, because he knows if he gets out they still have batsmen to come. Put Carey or Turner in the same position they don't have the freedom to try and strike at 200 because if those 2 get out all you have left is hit and miss tailenders.

TheJediBrah

Smith's definitley batted very slowly. A big part of that was Aus's team selection though IMO. Agar at 7 is a long tail, he's not that good a bat. Once Finch and Warner went within the first 15 overs his hands were tied a bit. Probably also played into why they thought a pinch hitter was worth a shot.

vcs

They'll get 300 or thereabouts which will be plenty challenging for a series decider.

TheJediBrah

Aus would have been so much stronger with Maxwell coming in instead of Turner. This side has been picked based on players' form from a year ago, Turner hasn't looked like getting a run this season.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If Dhawan cannot bat, Australia will have to played very poorly to lose to a 10 man team, and only 6 of them who can hold a bat.

vcs

That shot was unbelievable. He played one or two like that in the Ashes, doesn't even look like he's timed it all that well and it's a huge six.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just lol when people compare modern batsmen to Smith

He’s not Bradman but is the next closest thing

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah.. it was an amazing shot precisely because he timed it that well. It heard like it was pinged right off the middle. But to get the ball from there to deep square leg was amazing wrist work.